Pics of new Kings alternate jerseys in action...

Titanium Eagle

My first thought was: Lakers.

That aint Gold or Metallic Gold.

And it aint Purple either.

It's BEIGE & LAVENDER !!!!

Who designed this? Queer Eye for the NBA Guy?

Please send your comments to Maloof Sports and Entertainment with a cc to the Sacramento Bee. Classic.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

honestly I think they look better in real life than they do in the game, but what do the Maloof brothers think theyre doing, making the Kings the Los Angeles Lakers of Sacramento?

PS: On a funny note, reverse the letters in the name Maloof and it is FOOLAM (derivitive of Fool 'em)

Sorry, I'm a semi-traditionalist and these seem far a field as alts.

i know one thing, these are about as alternate as the Kings coulda gone, and I think they did a good job with these.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

we should all have expected this from the NBA, give it a few weeks and every one of those super cool gangsta rappers that we should all look up to will have one. And hence every brain washed 12 year old that listens to that trash they call music will go buy one as well. Its a vicious cycle.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

we should all have expected this from the NBA, give it a few weeks and every one of those super cool gangsta rappers that we should all look up to will have one. And hence every brain washed 12 year old that listens to that trash they call music will go buy one as well. Its a vicious cycle.

Nice generalization of an entire musical genre...

:rolleyes:

However, you're probably right about the rest of it.

:D

I figure if anyone can judge rap music it would be me because I wasted 5 years of my life listening to nothing but that crap, i've since become more mature and realized there are many other kinds of music that are better.

Cards08.jpg

I figure if anyone can judge rap music it would be me because I wasted 5 years of my life listening to nothing but that crap, i've since become more mature and realized there are many other kinds of music that are better.

Well, as a professional musician for over 28 years, and with a bachelor's degree in music, and as someone who worked as a writer/producer of adult contemporary, R&B and rap in Los Angeles, I can say that you can't lump all of rap into one nice little bucket.

There's good rap, and there's bad rap.

I'm currently working on a bachelors in music as well, and yeah maybe not all rap is bad i was thinking of the idiots that are always in the media and running their mouths on TV when i was writing that i guess i should have written that in , that's my bad. Sorry if i offended you by insulting your line of work, I didn't intend to do that.

Cards08.jpg

I kinda like 'em. Not a huge fan, but definitely not worse than those shiny silver Mavs jerseys a few years ago.

And I don't see how people think "Lakers" when they see these, because they really look nothing like the Lakers' unis...seriously, they don't.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The problem isn't the design of the uniforms, it's the COLORS.

If they wanted a gold jersey, they should have gotten some new logos or added gold trim or somehting to the current ones. It doesn't match the logos, it doesn't math the arena, it doesn't match up to anything the Kings have done.

On a funny side note, go to the Sacramento Kings website and you will get a random phrase or quote with the word "Gold" in big bold letters.

Probably trying to justifiy the POINTLESS addition of gold third jerseys.

Archived