Tar Heels concept

jgsmith725

Still just a little too much navy for my liking, but it's getting closer and closer to completion. I'd stay with the white facemasks, but clearly I am an proponent of the "stick to official school colors as much as possible, use a contrasting other color sparingly and only where absolutely necessary" school.

I'd also like to see just double stripes on the sleeve and pants - double white stripes (in the thickness you have now, but without the thick navy stripe in the middle) on the blues and double blues on the whites.

And I never minded the years of the drop-shadowed numbers, which they started when I was there. They had success with them but the navy started to get out of hand, which is why they're trying to rein it back in now.

Questions:

1. Is there a Carolina blue outline between the white helmet logo and the navy outline?

2. Are there Carolina blue stripes on either side of the white helmet stripe? Not sure how I feel about that... the navy is best used to separate white and Carolina blue. On your helmet, the navy is outside both the white and the Carolina blue, so the colors sorta bleed into each other, and the edges aren't as sharp there. Looks questionable and makes the design a little fuzzy there. Just my two cents...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Still just a little too much navy for my liking, but it's getting closer and closer to completion. I'd stay with the white facemasks, but clearly I am an proponent of the "stick to official school colors as much as possible, use a contrasting other color sparingly and only where absolutely necessary" school.

I'd also like to see just double stripes on the sleeve and pants - double white stripes (in the thickness you have now, but without the thick navy stripe in the middle) on the blues and double blues on the whites.

And I never minded the years of the drop-shadowed numbers, which they started when I was there. They had success with them but the navy started to get out of hand, which is why they're trying to rein it back in now.

Questions:

1. Is there a Carolina blue outline between the white helmet logo and the navy outline?

2. Are there Carolina blue stripes on either side of the white helmet stripe? Not sure how I feel about that... the navy is best used to separate white and Carolina blue. On your helmet, the navy is outside both the white and the Carolina blue, so the colors sorta bleed into each other, and the edges aren't as sharp there. Looks questionable and makes the design a little fuzzy there. Just my two cents...

Vitamin D to answer your many ?'s, why is this not sticking to the official school colors. there has only been two changes from the original concept that i put up and you change your mind everytime it is reinserted. I think that the navy blue is played out pretty well with the school colors. there is no drop shadow on the numbers just an outline on the numbers. there is very little difference on the helmet stripe than what they have now. you make it seem like i have changed the whole outlook of carolina. there is now fuzzyness in the pic i am looking at. geez do you have to write a book everytime you give your two cents on a concept

appsiggold.png

you change your mind everytime it is reinserted

Actually, no. I went back and re-read my posts in this thread. I never liked the white helmets; I still don't like the thick navy stripes, the helmet stripes or the pants stripes; I like the white facemasks and number font. Quit griping and re-read them for yourself; my position has not changed.

why is this not sticking to the official school colors

Because the official colors are Carolina blue and white. Navy has been used by most of their teams as a contrasting trim color. One of John Bunting's goals when he got the job was to return the uniforms to the way they looked when he played - Carolina blue and white without navy trim. Before he got there, navy went from a trim color to what some considered excessive. Texas and Penn State have uniforms that use ONLY school colors; UNC did it in the past; it can be done.

there is very little difference on the helmet stripe than what they have now.

That's why I asked. On my monitor, it looks like there is a thin Carolina blue stripe between the white and navy stripes. On the side view, that stripe looks very thick. On the front view, it looks considerably thinner. I was asking your intent, since there is a discrepancy within your design.

you make it seem like i have changed the whole outlook of carolina.

:cry: Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I know I didn't say it, and I challenge you to find where I did.

geez do you have to write a book everytime you give your two cents on a concept

No. I could do what many people do on the boards and write "It sucks" or "Meh, not feelin' this". Instead, I offer constructive and objective opinions to explain what I do and don't like. If you're going to post concepts, be prepared for comments. If you can't deal with people not loving your concepts as much as you do, find thicker skin or don't post.

This one runs long because your response contained at least 2 inaccuracies. Since all that's been posted is available for public reading, I went back and debunked what you're saying. We all have opinions; mine run extra strong on UNC - when it's your alma mater, you'll understand... <_<

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

i understand vitamin d, i love carolina, i grew up loving carolina, even though i went to appalachian state those are my two favorite schools. i can take constructive criticism easily. i respect your opinion cause i see you on here alot and you have commented alot on many of my concepts.

appsiggold.png

Sorry if I run longwinded - I just hate when people (myself included) go to a lot of trouble to put out something unique only to have people give criticism that doesn't accomplish anything. So I tried to be (overly) wordy as a result.

One thing I did notice on 2nd look is the number font's not QUITE what the basketball team wears, if that was your intention. Look at the "3" on McCants's jersey (below) and the "3" on your football concept.

UNChoops.jpg

I love your designs and applaud your skill. You do great work; I'm just offering my two cents on things that I notice and wonder if you think about. Keep it up.

2007nleastchamps.png

Archived