My NFL uni fix it list

In 5..4..3..2..1

Bills: go with the throwbacks

Phins: all white,no aqua pants

Jets: no all green

Pats : no silver alt.

Steelers: just fine

Bengals: cut down on the # of combo's, no all black and no orange alt. and always wear orange socks with black pants.

Ravens: no black alt , no all black

Browns: keep wearing all white as much as possible, no orange alt. or pants

Colts: no problems here

Titans: add a light blue sock when wearig the navy pants, no light blue alt.

Texans: no red alt. everything else is nice

Jags: no black alt., no all black combo, no black pants. teal jerseys white pants with no stripes just the Jag head logo on the hips to match the raod teal pants with white jerseys for the road.

Chargers: powder blues

Raiders: a classic maybe just maybe add a nameplate under the collar or a logo under the color

Chiefs: another classic maybe the same thing as the raiders for the jerseys

Broncos: change from navy blue to orange jersey full time

Cowboys: stay with one color blue(royal) and one color silver(silver/blue/green)

Giants: decide on one pair of grey pants i would say stay with the home ones for both home and away and scrap the new greys

Eagles: scarp the black alt.

Skins: looking good now that they came to their senses and went back to the white home sock with the burgundy pants

Packers: classic like i said with the others in this category maybe a nameplate or logo under the color

Bears: no touchy

Lions: get rid of that disgraceful black alt.

Vikings: maybe bring back the purple pants add the same striping they have on the white jesreys to the purple jerseys add a white sock with gold and purple stripes to wear with the purple pants something similar to the chiefs wear with their red pants.

Bucs: perfect

Falcons: no all black , no black alt. no black pants

Saints: Match up the golds on the helmet and numbers collar and pants. gold numbers on the road white jerseys. I like the gold on the pants to be the one to match everything to.

Panthers: go with carolina blue jerseys instead of the black.

Cardinals: all white and red jerseys white pants should be the combo's.

Rams : i can live with what they have now i would still like to see the ram horn on the sleeves like they use to have.

49ers: i kinda like what they have.

Seahawks: first of eliminate the all seahawk blue, go blue jerseys and white pants at home and either all white or white jerseys blue pants on the road.

There you have it that easy.

Let send this to the powers that be and get it done.

Cowboys: stay with one color blue(royal) and one color silver(silver/blue/green)

It's easier for them to simply make the numbers navy blue, so that they match the stripes on the helmet and pants. Also, bring back the striped socks. Ditch the shiny pants for the "flat" look, like the Giants. Change the numeral font so that it matches the ones on the throwbacks.

this goes for everyone--NO SLEEVE LOGOS and NO ALTS!!!

Bills- early 90's

Dolphins- fine

Patriots-fine

Jets-Grey facemask

Steelers--grey facemask, block numbers

Browns--Beautiful(and im a steelers fan so that's telling you how good they are)

Bengals--80's and 90's

Ravens--could be worse

Colts--perfect

Titans--not bad

Texans--fine

Jags--go with black as a primary and teal and gold as secondary, block numbers

Chiefs--Change nothing

Broncos--go back to the orange crush but with a slightly darker blue(not navy)

Raiders--Change nothing

Chargers--near perfection, maybe make the facemask white but nothing else

Redskins--grey facemasks, fine otherwise

Cowboys--fine

Eagles--Change the number font

Giants--lose the throwbacks and put the numbers on the sleeves instead of shoulders

Bears--grey facemask

Packers--Grey facemask

Vikings--White facemask

Lions--Barry Sanders era. NO BLACK!!!!

Saints--Grey facemasks

Panthers--powder blues and fix the helmet stripe

Falcons--early eighties with the red jerseys and red helmets

Buccaneers--not bad

Rams--1999 only with white numbers on the homes and a grey facemask

Cardinals--look like crap. go back to the old style

49ers--not bad

Seahawks-- bring back the royal and green and silver

Feel free to savage my opinions. But these are the things that I think need fixed.

Youppi I see where you are going , you're old school obviously. However i was coming up with a list of fixes that are possible stuff that could happen rather than a wishlist that has no chance like the Cardinals going back that ain't happenning they just change ,you hear what i'm saying, no disrespect though..

Browns: keep wearing all white as much as possible, no orange alt. or pants

49ers: i kinda like what they have.

I say put the numbers back on the sleeves of the Browns unis like they were before the franchise moved to Baltimore, and personally (and I know I'm in the minority here), I wish the Niners would go back to their 1994 throwbacks, and yes, that includes the white jersey/white pants with the candy-cane socks. Those were classic.

Other than that...I pretty much agree with your list.

this goes for everyone--NO SLEEVE LOGOS and NO ALTS!!!

Bills- early 90's

Dolphins- fine

Patriots-fine

Jets-Grey facemask

Steelers--grey facemask, block numbers

Browns--Beautiful(and im a steelers fan so that's telling you how good they are)

Bengals--80's and 90's

Ravens--could be worse

Colts--perfect

Titans--not bad

Texans--fine

Jags--go with black as a primary and teal and gold as secondary, block numbers

Chiefs--Change nothing

Broncos--go back to the orange crush but with a slightly darker blue(not navy)

Raiders--Change nothing

Chargers--near perfection, maybe make the facemask white but nothing else

Redskins--grey facemasks, fine otherwise

Cowboys--fine

Eagles--Change the number font

Giants--lose the throwbacks and put the numbers on the sleeves instead of shoulders

Bears--grey facemask

Packers--Grey facemask

Vikings--White facemask

Lions--Barry Sanders era. NO BLACK!!!!

Saints--Grey facemasks

Panthers--powder blues and fix the helmet stripe

Falcons--early eighties with the red jerseys and red helmets

Buccaneers--not bad

Rams--1999 only with white numbers on the homes and a grey facemask

Cardinals--look like crap. go back to the old style

49ers--not bad

Seahawks-- bring back the royal and green and silver

Feel free to savage my opinions. But these are the things that I think need fixed.

The old seahawk colors were hideous and tacky. Never mention those again.

General rule up front -- I MOSTLY do not like dark pants (i.e., darker than silver or yellow/gold), but this isn't a hard and fast rule. Also, I like sleeve logos since there are no sleeves left for stripes. That being said, here is my $.02:

Pats -- lose the blue pants (general rule coming into play already)

Bills -- Jim Kelly era (or at least lose the blue pants and match the shades of blue)

Jets -- lose the green pants

Dolphins -- take a guess (right, lose the aqua pants)

Steelers -- block numbers (they are a classic, which pains me as a Ravens fan)

Browns -- no orange pants or alt, make the pant stripes consistent (I THINK they have orange-brown-orange and brown-orange-brown combos, or at least used to) and use the socks that match the sleeve stripes

Bengals -- stick to black jerseys, no black pants

Ravens -- black alt OK, black pants not OK, go back to the striped socks, put the sleeve logo back on the pants and put the bird in flight (see Lost Limey tweak) back on the sleeves

Colts -- fine (again, painful to say as a Ravens fan), but find a way to make the shoulder loop go ALL THE WAY AROUND -- which is a major pet peeve, especially since the Chargers seem to find a way to do it with the lightning bolt stripe

Titans -- lose the navy pants

Jags -- see Ravens (minus the sleeve and sock comments)

Texans -- fine

Chiefs -- fine (but MAYBE go Marty style and lose the red pants)

Raiders -- fine

Broncos -- scary as it to say, the new(?) unis have grown on me

Chargers -- Dan Fouts era

Cowboys -- consistency, please (I know I'm not alone on this)

Redskins -- fine (even with the burgundy pants, if only because they are so well established)

Eagles -- no black alt, return to old school shade of green

Giants -- one pair of grey pants, no red alt (the new road jersey was much better in the execution than the description -- on everyone with at least a HINT of a sleeve anyway (meaning NOT on Strahan))

Vikings -- fine (see Colts re: shoulder loops)

Bears -- fine (even with the blue pants) except the orange alt

Packers -- fine

Lions -- lose the black alt (it is a great jersey, but it doesn't say "Lions" to me)

Bucs -- white pants with white jersey, pewter OK with red

Panthers -- lose the blue alt (I know this is blasphemy in these parts), try the white pants with the black jersey from time to time

Falcons -- Jerry Glanville era (including the helmet logo). Why does everyone like the red so much?

Saints -- gold pants with all jerseys, gold numbers on all jerseys (outlined in white or black as needed), meaning no gold alt

Rams -- fine

Cardinals -- I would say Jim Hart era, but if we can't go back (as someone said), then I don't know what to do with the current set

Seahawks -- the new blue has grown on me, but lose the blue pants (with both jerseys) and go back to the silver helmets

Niners -- fine, except maybe '94 throwback white pants

Bills: Just do something, preferably the retro

Phins: Get rid of orange jerseys, no all-turq.

Jets: Perfect as is, my personal fav. NFL uni

Pats : Get rid of the silver alt

Steelers: fine as is

Bengals: I'd just change these back to what they were, their currents are horrid

Ravens: Eh, I've got no complaints other than no purple jersey with black pants

Browns: I like the orange pants with the white jersey

Colts: keep as is

Titans: No major complaints

Texans: Nice as is

Jags: No all black, no teal with black

Chargers: powder blues as much as possible

Raiders: You really can't tamper with these

Chiefs: Again, I don't know what you could do to these, but they need it

Broncos: Keep as is

Cowboys: one shade of blue

Giants: go back to what they had last year(sans red jersey) and they're fine

Eagles: no black jersey or pants

Skins: fine

Packers: keep as is

Bears: fine as is, but those Thanksgiving throwbacks were awesome last year

Lions: Sorry boys, lose the black...if possible, go Thanksgiving alt. at all times :D

Vikings: Fold as a franchise....only just kidding, but seriously, fold. As far as unis, keep em as is

Bucs: Less colors to the color scheme, limit it to red, pewter, and black

Falcons: no all black, no red jersey/blk. pants

Saints: fine as is

Panthers: I like the blue jerseys, they stand out

Cardinals: I don't like the red shoulders on the white jersey. Always wear white pants

Rams : They're fine I guess

49ers: keep as is

Seahawks: I actually like their unis.

Overall conclusion: I like when teams go all white or just have white pants in general. The exclusion is the orange Cleveland pants...I'unno why, but I like those. Monochromed uniforms are preyymuch a no-no, but there are exceptions. Some teams need to go back to the drawing board like the Bengals IMO.

Bills: merge retro look with 90's unis, ditch current look

Phins: fine, no orange alts

Jets: no green on green

Pats : lose silver alt

Steelers: good

Bengals: simply simplify. add a few bells and whistles to classic jersey style, lose afl look and lose rounded numerals

Ravens: change helmet, ditch blacks

Browns: add something to brown home jersey, wear orange pants more

Colts: good

Titans: ditch light blue alt

Texans: good

Jags: change helmet and jersey, make up minds on franchise colors

Chargers: you gotta love the powder

Raiders: make jerseys look less cheap

Chiefs: add a tiny pinch of something to it, but don't over do it

Broncos: good

Cowboys: wear blue alt more

Giants: go back to 2000-2004 look, no weird road unis

Eagles: good

Skins: fine

Packers: keep as is

Bears: perfection, although I dig the grey facemask idea

Lions: gotta go back to the 90's unis. these things are awful

Vikings: I don't care

So basically Mr. 5,4,3,2,1...., you pretty much hate everything about most teams uniforms. You hate alternate jerseys. You like seeing teams in all white. You like throwback looks.

Here are the teams that I think could look better:

BROWNS- Basically they look like crap. Those ugly 70's looking striped socks look outdated and I am sure most of the players hate them as well. Butch Davis at least had enough sense to get solid brown socks for the uniforms (he didn't do much else right). The jerseys, while traditional, look dated and out-of-style.

BEARS- The outdated multi-striped socks need to go. Colors are good, but a update to tidy up the complete uniform is needed. Glad that Lovie got the team back wearing the blue pants on the road. The all white look during the Jauron-era was boring and butt-ugly.

REDSKINS- This is a team that needs to wake up and get into the 21st century. Their jerseys/color scheme are way, way outdated and not attractive. The team looked 1000 times better with their throwback colors (dark maroon and mustard gold). A complete overhaul with the dark maroon and mustard colors would look sharp and unique. Eventually, public pressure will mean that the helmet logo will need to change anyway. Maybe the old Lombardi Skins logo could come back (I realize that the team didn't win with this logo, but at least its a start).

COWBOYS- Pick a shade of blue and silver and go with it. Please. I think that new jerseys are in order for 06' so I may get my wish.

SAINTS- Pick a shade of gold and go with it. The golds that don't match the jerseys/pants look tacky. Lose the 3 stripes on the helmet as well. The white stripe looks out-of-place with the home uniform (which has little-if-any white in the combo). Black pants wouldn't look bad either.

CHARGERS- Keep the current uniforms/colors to just make all those whining traditionalists upset. The overrated powder blues look nice as a once-a-year change-up. But, they would get old in a hurry as the regular set. Plus, football players can't feel real tough wearing powder blue jerseys and socks. The ugly/misplaced white helmet with gray facemask is not cool either.

BILLS- You tried and you failed to update your uniforms. Everyone realizes how bad you look. Whoever OK'd the new look should be fired immediatedly. Put a match to em' and start over. The throwbacks aren't that nice either. Way, way too many stripes (on jerseys and socks) scream the 60's. Another case of just because a team wore something 50 years ago, does not mean that it was cool and looked good. Those uniforms were ugly then and not any better now.

CHIEFS- Lose the multi-colored socks with the white pants. Update the uniforms a little. The helmet still looks good. Just tidy up the whole look.

Most of the other teams might need a few tweaks here-and-there, but are mostly fine in my book. The Cards need to get rid of that stupid gray facemask. The Broncos should bring back the all navy combo once-in-a-while. The Ravens should wear the solid black pants with the white jerseys sometime. The Bucs should wear a pewter alternate jersey (the practice jerseys looked real sweet). But, other than that, I think most teams look good and most NFL uniforms look infinitely better than they did 20 years ago.

First order of business. No monochromes ever period. Like leopard88, I am not a big fan of dark colored pants either but there are occasions where they are ok. Finally to save space and time...No black alts ever period.

Bills: Go with the throwbacks.

Dolphins: No aqua pants. Add the 70's era stripes to the jersey.

Jets: Lose the green pants.

Patriots: No blue pants. Change the alt from silver to red.

Steelers: Don't change a thing.

Bengals: Change everything. Worst uniform ever. Go back to the 70's and start over.

Browns: Don't change a thing. Keep wearing white at home.

Ravens: Scrap 'em and start over. At least change the number font.

Colts: Perfect as is.

Titans: One of the few "modern" looking uniforms I like. The blue pants gotta go. Fix the helmet stripes and you got a winner.

Texans: Not terribly exciting but not bad. Wear white pants with the white jerseys.

Jaguars: Boring helmets but not awful. The teal jersey with white pants looks best. Lose the black pants. I think maybe a color overhaul is in order. They are stuck with teal years after it was in vogue.

Chargers: Powder blues. They could also just stick with what they have now, go all white on the road and that would be fine too.

Raiders: Perfect as is. Don't change a thing. Maybe for fun break out the old white jersey with silver numbers as an alt.

Chiefs: Perfect as is. A rare case of dark pants being ok.

Broncos: Keep the colors. Lose the goofy stripes on the helmet, jersey and pants. If they went with more traditional stripes those uniforms would be the best in the league. A new number font wouldn't be bad either. Great color combo.

Cowboys: Mismatched colors and all still one of the best. Leave it alone. Best alternate uniforms in the game.

Giants: Go back to last year's road uniform. Home uniform is perfect. Best helmet in football.

Eagles: Change the number font, lose the green pants. Maybe change to grey or silver pants for the road uniforms (would work at home too)

Redskins: Simple. Go to the 70th anniversary uniform full time.

Packers: Perfect as is although I wouldn't mind a grey facemask.

Bears: The dark pants gotta go. Otherwise it's a perfect uniform.

Vikings: Go back to the darker purple from the 70's. Never ever add purple pants. Add black shoes.

Lions: Lose the black trim everywhere.

Bucs: Good enough. I personally think the home jerseys look better with white pants. I like the all white look they occasionally wear as well.

Falcons: Scrap it and start over. Go back to 1980 and make a few minor adjustments. Their current uniforms are among the worst ever. So were the ones before those.

Saints: Good enough. Great helmet.

Panthers: The one exception to the black alt rule. Make the blue jerseys primary and make the black jersey an alternate.

Cardinals: See Cincinnati and Atlanta. Again one of the most hideous uniforms ever. I thought their old uniforms were fine. I liked the simplicity of them.

Rams: Another "modern" (in other words CFL/Arena league) looking uniform that actually works well. Personally I'd like to see them go back to the old blue and white look of the 60's but I can easily live with what they have now.

49ers: The only "updated" look that really worked on every level. I still prefer the old Montana era uniforms but they would need to fix that ridiculously wide striping on the pants.

Seahawks: Wear white pants at home and they are another rare "modern" look that isn't too bad.

My two cents. :D

I'm still waiting on my demand that the Packers go back to the 1996 sleeve-stripe pattern (basically doubling what's there now)...haven't won a title since the switch. :evil:

And if you can't bring back the equivalent stripe pattern on the socks (a'la 2003 Turkey Day throwbacks), then bring back the 1989 sock...one thin gold ring.

But hell, I'd like to see the TV numbers move off the shoulder and back down to the sleeve...fat chance.

Monochrome is all one color except for white, that is the definition of what people are saying when they say monochrome on this board. Or you could simply put it this way college/high school or any given sunday/area league or i like to put it this way unprofessional. the all one solid color idea is born out the belief of the whole college atmosphere if you ask me. The whole intimadation factor of seeing a team in all one color it looks like they are swarming on defense. Usually in college as well the crowd follows suit thinking they have some impact on the game by wearing that team color ala the old Clemson games, all orange, Death Valley. To me that is all nice but just does'nt work at the pro level.

You guys are weird. The only real definant thing that should be elimated is the all one colored unis except for the seahawks.

Buffalo- I hate the current unis and the early 90's ones too! That throwback is great unis and a little modern tweaks should be added (maybe blue helmets w/ white & red bill, too much white helmets in the division)

Miami- Keep the aqua-white combo, and both the white-white (looks good with other colors) and white-aqua combo.

Jets- Current unis are no problem but they're too simple. A little modernization would be good.

New England- Keep everything except lose blue away pants, replace with silver pants and destroy the silver alt and add red one (with respect to their past).

Baltimore- The all blacks pants only word for Baltimore because an actual raven is black.

Cincinnati- I'm I the only person who likes these. They look endangered. Groowwll!!!

Cleveland- I love the orange pants. The orange unis aren't that bad.

Pittsburgh- Fine

Jacksonville- No white pants, just black pants. But no all black pants or uni-combo.

Houston- Fine

Indianapolis-Fine

Tennessee- Fine but I love the light blue unis.

Denver- Switch to orange primary unis, no all blue unis and blue pants

Kansas City- Fine but a little modernization to look interesting

Oakland- Should never be changed

San Diego- More yellow.

Dallas- Keep one blue (royal) and I like their practice more than their regular ones.

Giants- Tranform the home unis to match their current away. And more blue on the aways.

Philadelphia- Get greener.

Washington-Return to the Florida State look.

Chicago- Fine except for that orange uniform

Detroit- Black addition to the unis is great but I hate the black uniforms.

Green Bay- Fine but it wouldn't hurt is they went from yellow to gold.

Minnesota- Purple unis should match the away. Modernize a little.

Atlanta- No black pants.

Carolina- Make the blue the primary. And use silver pants with the aways. Elimate the white pants.

New Orleans-a little modernization.

Tampa Bay-No more white pants and no other jersey than the red and white ones.

Arizona- ????

St.Louis-Fine

San Francisco-Fine

Seattle-Fine but i hate the all white combo

OK, so technically all-white is not, by this board's definition, monochrome. Fine.

NO MICHELIN MEN!!! Unless you think looking like a fat marshmallow who will be dead by 40 of a heart attack is a good look, that is. And NO GRAY FACEMASKS. There is a reason color exists.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest ...

NFC

Packers: I'd like metallic gold instead of hard hat yellow, but I'm not holding my breath.

Vikings: Replace the two-color diagonal stripe with a single-color diagonal stripe (like USC) for both uniforms, emulating the horns on the helmets (similar to the old Rams' unis). Purple pants, but ONLY with the white jerseys. No all-white.

Bears: Maybe TV numbers, but not really mandatory. No all-white.

Lions: Replace the damnable black with navy blue (at least that's in the right color family), but tone it way down. (That is, do not merely replace the current black with navy blue.)

Bucs: White pants begone. No pewter jerseys, ever.

Falcons: Black pants home and away. Dump the black alts. (Well, if you wanted to dump the whole thing and go back to the pre-Glanville look, I wouldn't object.)

Panthers: Make the blue jerseys the primary and dump the black jerseys. Or keep the black jerseys, but replace the silver pants with ... Carolina blue. At any rate, dump the white pants.

Saints: Decide on one gold (I'd say the numeral gold). Black pants with white jerseys. No gold jerseys.

Cowboys: Royal blue and either the silver green or the silver blue.

Eagles: Replace white pants with silver pants, and replace the white wing with silver. No black alt.

Giants: Start over.

Redskins: Change to the '60s colors, but include "red" pants, and wear them with the white jerseys at home.

49ers: Change nothing.

Cardinals: See Giants.

Rams: Navy pants with the white jerseys.

Seahawks: Go back to royal blue, green and silver -- silver helmets, royal blue jerseys and silver pants at home, white jerseys and royal blue pants on road, green alt.

Bills: Modernize the O.J. look.

Dolphins: Drop shadow numbers are passe. Go back to the previous design. Burn the orange alts.

Jets: White shoes (see Namath, Joe).

Patriots: See 49ers.

Bengals: Get rid of those silly white panels. Replace white pants with orange pants.

Browns: Wear orange pants with white jerseys at home. Or move them to L.A. (What else can you possibly do with brown and orange?)

Ravens: Black jerseys, purple pants. (That should please their criminal element no end.)

Steelers: See 49ers and Patriots. No traffic signal yellow third.

Colts: Maybe redesign so the horseshoe can somehow replace the diagonal stripe on the jerseys. And, boys, black shoes on artificial turf look stupid.

Jaguars: Gold pants with teal jersey.

Texans: See 49ers, Patriots and Steelers.

Titans: No all-white.

Broncos: Keep the navy helmets and jersey colors, but dump the batwings, and replace white pants with orange pants.

Chargers: Change to Fouts-era look (now not being used by Rams), and wear white jerseys and gold pants at home. Keep powder blues as an alt if you must.

Chiefs: No all-white.

Raiders: Change name font to a serif font (see early '70s Raiders). And black facemasks.

I would make only one change to the Patriots (other than dumping the alternates): replace the shoulder wedge with a silver stripe similar to the Argonauts. Incidentally, the Argonauts should bring back the Boatman and introduce a light blue alternate (duh).

I don't care for either the Bills' or the Seahawks' current uniforms, but for the love of God, they would be improved significantly if they'd only wear white pants at home.

The Buccaneers: yikes.

The Lions' new uniforms are pretty dull, but their old ones were in need of something. Like the Bills they were looking a little stale. Hell, the Lions have sucked for so long, maybe they should just overhaul their uniforms and logo altogether. It's not like they have great memories in the old ones.

The Indianapolis Colts are a chicken@#$% outfit. They deserve to lose and always will deserve to lose. They should be stripped of the 'Colts' moniker and forced to develop a new look. And they shouldn't be allowed to wear black sneakers. Johnny Unitas is probably spinning in his grave over that.

I hate to be a stick-in-the-mud, but all-white is still mono-fluffing-chrome!

Greg makes a valid point. We may have decided that all white is not monochrome but it's still monochrome. However...

I suppose it's a lot like when we refer to Tampa Bay as a city. Tampa Bay is a body of water. But when someone says "baseball doesn't draw well in Tampa Bay" we don't say "of course baseball doesn't draw well in Tampa Bay because no one is playing baseball in Tampa Bay they are playing it in St. Petersburg in a stadium." Hopefully we all understand that Tampa Bay is a body of water but no one gets too carried away when someone refers to Tampa Bay as a city. It's all semantics. :D

Archived