Wordmark

rmered

1. Way too many bulletholes. We get the point. You want people to think you roll hard and strapped.

2. I get it that it's "hip" and "cool" to spell words wrong and everything, but personally, I think it'z the stoopidest thing evrr.

I feel your pain.

I can't stand the way I've been asked to spell this.

I should C&P the PM where I explained the correct spelling of Gangsters.

However, ours is not to wonder why, but to do, and do or die.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

The bulletholes SHOULD extend into the gold outline. Assuming the letters are a single solid object, the bullethole would pierce areas that were gold as well as black.

As for the spelling... what can you do?

I like the number of bullets - it conjures up the image of the gangster... um, GANGSTAZ... spraying a line of machine gun fire indiscriminately. Nice.

Very well-executed, Mero...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

i think the bullet holes are rendered well - they look distorted though, too tall. i think for the "ganstaz" you need more of an old english style font, something, well...more gansta lol. and yeah, the bullet hole on the g needs to be in the middle of the g. nice job :)

Gangstaz2.gif

The thing with most Old English fonts is they are invariably thin, which makes for two problems, 1) the outline has to be bolder, and 2) the bulletholes need to be smaller.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

i think the bullet holes are rendered well - they look distorted though, too tall.  i think for the "ganstaz" you need more of an old english style font, something, well...more gansta lol.  and yeah, the bullet hole on the g needs to be in the middle of the g.  nice job :)

Gangstaz2.gif

The thing with most Old English fonts is they are invariably thin, which makes for two problems, 1) the outline has to be bolder, and 2) the bulletholes need to be smaller.

true- very true about the bullet holes being smaller. that does look more gansta tho. maybe make them, like, shotgun shells or something - big ole rips!

OD_Signature.jpg

Ha, it's funny.

With the bigger gunshots I am able to cover up bits I don't like about it, like where there's a curve in a letter, and with the Gold, then Black outline it looks crappy.

Like the inside of the G and the T.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I don't think those bullet-holes would render well either embroidered or shrunk.

I'd suggest WHOPPING great big holes (like, maybe six across the whole thing, each about 7 or 8 millimetres in diameter. I think the text will be clearly visible regardless of how big the bullet holes are. I'd also consider one on the edge of the first "G" so it cuts a section out of it (a blasted hole).

Nice idea here, just needs fine-tuning.

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

I like the idea for the font type but for me it is just a bit too hard to read. It has been a long time since I was in school but I seem to recall a rule that said words written in Old English fonts should never be all caps. I am not saying rules can't be broken, but that is just my reaction.

LT

I like the idea for the font type but for me it is just a bit too hard to read. It has been a long time since I was in school but I seem to recall a rule that said words written in Old English fonts should never be all caps. I am not saying rules can't be broken, but that is just my reaction.

LT

In terms of calligraphic style, LT is 1000% right - Olde English and Germanic scripts should NEVER be done all-capitals. Roman and uncial styles do better in all-caps.

That said, have you seen the overwhelming amount of people using all-caps Olde English in designs? IIRC, it started as prison tattoos, and has caught on outside the prison system. But I've seen more examples of this than I care to remember, because it looks terrible (I've been known to do a little calligraphy be hand, and it goes against how I learned to do it).

Used this way by R-Mer, it looks "extra gangsta", if you know what I mean. And it's a brilliant revision to the concept, which I already liked a lot.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

What's this for, rmered?  This is hilarious!

I don't know!

I got an email, I presume from someone here, from a yahoo account, asking to do a Gangstaz wordmark, in Black and Gold.

I offered to do the gunshots across the front as well.

I also tried to get them to spell it Gangsters, but apparently, that's not their preference.

I replied to the email with the link, but no response as of yet.

So it might become my clothing label if no-one wants it.

A guy in Aus has made millions out of the word Attitude.LOGO.JPG

Maybe I can be Gangstaz.

A whole line of Gansta clothing.

Gangsta-T.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

All the incarnations you have done have been great , rmered. I, like the rest of the boards, like the Olde English font. But a suggestion regarding the bullet holes. What if you do more of them and have them behind the wordmark? I'm not sure if that'd look cool but a suggestion nonetheless. Another possibility is a "negative space" bullet hole instead of the way you have it now. It looks great but it looks a bit "pasted" on there if you get me. Given that the word is in black the "negative space" idea might not fly. Just something I thought I'd throw out there from a humble commentator's perspective. Good work!

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

All the incarnations you have done have been great , rmered.  I, like the rest of the boards, like the Olde English font.  But a suggestion regarding the bullet holes.  What if you do more of them and have them behind the wordmark?  I'm not sure if that'd look cool but a suggestion nonetheless.  Another possibility is a "negative space" bullet hole instead of the way you have it now.  It looks great but it looks a bit "pasted" on there if you get me.  Given that the word is in black the "negative space" idea might not fly.  Just something I thought I'd throw out there from a humble commentator's perspective.  Good work!

There's probably a good reason they look pasted on.

(Whispers: "They are") :)

As far as more of them, I was thinking I had too many.

It already detracts from the difficult to read Old English font.

When you refer to the negative space, I don't know how I can use it.

The Fed Ex arrow is brilliant, but I just don't know how I can make a bullet hole appear in the word Gangstaz.

In regard to having them behind the wordmark, doesn't that then taken away from the fact that the team is the Gangsters and they've had a drive by shooting?

Like the guys shooting at them were careful not to hit the letters, only the background.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived