MetroStars go "drop-shadow"

totc

The MetroStars' road jersey this year is the white jersey with the red nameplate, rather than the white-and-silver swirl.

For the first part of the year, the numbers the team used were white with a thin black outline:

herron7.jpg

More recently, however, there is an offset shadow that reminds me of the Cleveland Indians of the late 60s/early 70s.

5.jpg

I wonder, if Chivas USA can get gold numbers like they have now, that the Metros didn't go to red -- or use black numbers in the first place??

reminds me more and more of how much I hate that Nike template. that, and MLS' number policy sucks...may as well try to go back to more distinctive uniforms if every team has the same number font.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Take a look at the Chicago Fire's '98 kits, and look at the butchering that has been done to them since... I think soccer has to be the most fashion sense-less sport, and all of the companies producing kits are to blame on this one.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

tell me about it, I've had to watch from afar as my Crew went from a distinctive kit with black and gold stripes on the sleeves/shoulders to the bland plop they got now that every other adidas team wears. of course fluffing DC United got to keep their damn stripes across the chest :cursing:

2016cubscreamsig.png

'Scrim, those Crew shirts were awful. Sorry, but they were.

Sodboy, you're right on. Much as I like to bag on Nike, the Nike version of the Fire shirts was the sh...irt.

As for the MetroStars, well, I kinda like the funky drop shadow, but at the same time I'm surprised they were allowed to do it. I still don't much like that template, though their home kits are, in my opinion, pretty boss.

As for the white-wash that is most of MLS on the road... ugh... don't get me started. (Again, looking squarely at you, LA Galaxy.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

'Scrim, those Crew shirts were awful. Sorry, but they were.

As for the white-wash that is most of MLS on the road... ugh... don't get me started. (Again, looking squarely at you, LA Galaxy.)

I guess we'll agree to disagree on the Crew's best kits and leave it at that ;)

I'd figure if there was one thing from the Euro clubs that was really worth consideration, it'd be having one rarely-changing home kit and then a change kit that, well, changed every year or two. a couple teams (FC Dallas, Chivas USA notably) seem to be doing this, though it'd be cool if more did.

2016cubscreamsig.png

herron7.jpg

Dispite the fact that they've gone down hill look wise since the first unis, the Chicago fire still have one of the best looks in all of sports. From the Logo, their Home kit, away kit...

Hell even that light blue alt is the balls.

09_1.JPG

I really like Chicago's home and away kits. The thirds? Maybe if they used the design that Poland and Czech Republic used. I'm not a fan of that specific Puma design. I think the origional Crew jersey is the best uniform design ever. And I know many folks here in the States and England as well that would agree. :notworthy: I like Columbus' new home kit but I think the away uniform could be better. I'd also like to see them have an alternate white top as well. But I think the one thing that stands out for Columbus is that a white top is not part of their basic uniform. I actually liked LA's last uniform set. But seeing where they started from, at least they finally decided on two standard colors. I think San jose's uni's from 99-2000 where one of the better uniform designs I've seen in a long time. The design similar to Ajax but a larger blue stripe down the front and back. They should try to go back to those. Of course I also think they all need to ditch the city/nicknames of the front and put sponsors there instead. Chicago and Columbus seem to have the only kits that can pull that look off.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Well, the kit designs that Adidas is foisting on (pardon me... making for) Major League Soccer clubs for the 2006 campaign have begun to leak to fans and the media. Personally, I think they range from the uninspired to the down-right awful.

Chicago Fire Thirds - I'm not a fan of the ribbon-like striping down the sides of the torso or the bowed shape of the wide stripe containing the four stylized stars. Reportedly, the ribbon-striping and bowed front stripe appear on Chicago's Home and Road kits, as well.

06third.gif

Columbus Crew Home and Away - I'm still not a fan of the ribbon-like striping down the sides of the torso. Hmmm... I could have sworn that when MLS announced the signing of the exclusive equipment contract with Adidas, the uniform manufacturer assured fans that there wouldn't be just three or four "cookie-cutter" uniform templates being used throughout the league. That assurance was apparently quickly forgotten.

2006_Jersey.gif

DC United Home and Away - They managed to butcher United's traditional three-stripes-across-the-chest look. That bowing effect looks horrible. Plus, the wide, white bib-striping on the edge of the black jersey's torso is ugly, as well.

dc_united.jpg

FC Dallas Home and Away - Hmmm... yet another "cookie-cutter" uniform template. Imagine that. Someone should explain to the powers-that-be at Adidas that it isn't technically a "hooped" jersey if the hoops don't form circles all the way around the jersey's torso. When they're cut off by bib-striping like this, they're really just "stripes".

FCD_jersey_06.jpg

All in all, a decided disappointment in my opinion.

herron7.jpg

Dispite the fact that they've gone down hill look wise since the first unis, the Chicago fire still have one of the best looks in all of sports. From the Logo, their Home kit, away kit...

Wierd. General concensus among Chicago fans is this season's shirt may be our best ever, or second only to the 99 Home. Next year we'll have had 3 manufactures but we have managed to keep the same look with each manufacturers' quirks.

herron7.jpg

Wierd. General concensus among Chicago fans is this season's shirt may be our best ever, or second only to the 99 Home. Next year we'll have had 3 manufactures but we have managed to keep the same look with each manufacturers' quirks.

I just liked the original the best. Like I said, I still think they've got one of the best looks in the MLS and possibly all of sports. Personal opinion of course.

Edit: I just went back and checked...I forgot they had silver letters on the chest their first season. So I liked the 99 ones the best personally.

just when it looked like they couldn't make the Crew more bland, they go out and do just taht :cursing:

eh well, I have a sewing machine. I have the memory of the originals. I know waht to do with them. B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived