New MLB Jackets Unveiled?

oakland ehs

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah... upon further inspection i definitly think these are too high school-ish.

just seems like when you see everyone around wearing the pullovers or the typical windbreaker jackets, the guy wearing the leather looks really out of place.

also it only looks good for some teams that incorporate gold into their colours, like the a's for example. angels looked pretty bad, but the chisox was alright.

I think it has a classic look, not a high school look . . . these were fairly common in the past.  Here are several reproductions from the 40s and 50s.

mn1955.jpg

phil50ja.jpg

giantja.jpg

ind48ja.jpg

Now, just because these could be coming back doesn't mean you should all break out your high school letterman jackets.

These are M&N replica jackets. I have one - 1942-53 Senators - and it's the plainest thing you'd want to see. All black, white leather sleeves, white block "W." If it's period correct, I don't care if it looks like a high school letterman's jacket. Looks just like this one but with a plain white "W":

pMLB1-1316964reg.jpg

Opinion is very divided on the new models. From the link above I like the Twins' version best (and I understand a lot of people are divided on the "TC" vs. "m" monogram too).

As for high school letterman's jackets yes, I still have mine; no, I don't wear it. I went to HS in a climate that was too warm for the traditional wool melton and leather style and we had what amounted to heavy windbreakers. Not that attractive. I've often thought of removing the letter, football number and conference championship patches from the sleeves and just somehow framing them in some sort of shadowbox. (FWIW we also wore powder blue jerseys at home! :D )

tzch6.jpg

JH Design Group makes this reversible Varsity Jacket for the Red Sox.

brs_w56.jpg

They make these jackets for a few other teams as well but not for all teams. They also make a way too busy jacket for all the teams. These jackets below should all be burned in my opinion:

brs_c26.gif

What a shock. They have every playoff team available except...

yeah that's right.

That's because the Padres did not deserve to be in the playoffs.

Neither did the Red Sox apparently.

ooooh...nice one

Hated the jackets the managers/coaches wore. They don't match a damn thing and the clash it creates is unappealing.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Just to make it more high school-ish, and also cool. They should put Three patches down the sleeve, one containing World Championships, on League championships, and one for division titles. Just have the years below in a simple subtle way.

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

Just to make it more high school-ish, and also cool. They should put Three patches down the sleeve, one containing World Championships, on League championships, and one for division titles. Just have the years below in a simple subtle way.

Hurm. Don't like this idea. Too busy. I think the cleaner look is better.

Archived