New MLB Jackets Unveiled?

oakland ehs

The young'uns just don't understand.

Classic letterman jackets never go out of style.

Too true. :D

i know that...as i'd said, if I had mine I would wear it, and I plan on getting some more jackets like my MSU one (shoot, when they cost $10, I'm buyin as many as I damn well want)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Throw me in with the old folks. These are supersharp.

I'm not sure how much white there should be on the trim, because with natual colored sleeves, the white stands out a little more than if the sleeves were a different color.

I outgrew mine from HS, but had I played my cards right, I could've had 8 of them for state titles. Of course, to do that would've meant playing tennis and soccer instead of baseball and football. Both teams won all 4 years I was in HS, and so they rotated the body of the jackets through the school colors: red and black (primaries), white (one time, it looked hideous and is really only a trim color), gray (the bulldog mascot is gray, again, a 1-time appearance), all with black sleeves. Warm as hell too.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I think they'd look better if they had darker sleeves like the throwback ones.

Like I said, I love my letterman jacket. I've got patches galore (we only lost 5 Football games in my 4 years there) and somehow they gave me an extra varsity letter. (we got One for each sport up to 2. So I got my Football and Baseball ones, and then I got another one somehow)

I would wear if it I didn't get called High school hero everywhere I went or look like a creep going after HS girls. On second thought....

Of course I'm kidding. :P

New poster, first post. I enjoyed reading these boards over the summer and I figured it was time to de-lurk.

I like the look of these jackets. I'm a fan of the classic letterman jackets, and as others have said, if my letter jacket still fit me, I would still wear it. (Well...I teach back at my old high school, so it might look kind of weird if I wore it around school too.)

And discrimihater / Gothamite...I'm also a southeastern WI person. I live in Milwaukee, went to Wisconsin Lutheran (2000). Our colors are red, white, and royal blue, but for some reason the letter jackets were always navy blue...except for a select few (such as mine) which were more of a midnight blue.

I'm not a big fan of the Viking logo either...however, the school doesn't really use that logo much anymore. For the last decade or so, we've used a cool "WL" logo. The font is the same as the one on the Badgers helmets; the letters are blue with a red drop shadow behind them. I like it a lot, and so do most of the other coaches and players. I don't think it's on the web at all right now, but if I can find it, I'll post it.

First off, I love em...

Second, I went to Wrigleyville Sports to see if they had them in stock, and came up with this. (Sorry, it won't allow me to direct link the pic) Also by Majestic, nearly the same, but with the Cooperstown logos. Interesting...

Moose

What is interesting about the cubs jacket is that there is a cubs patch on the sleeve instead of an AL or NL patch and a tiny cubs logo on the back just below the neck instead of an MLB logo.

I'm not a big fan of the Viking logo either...however, the school doesn't really use that logo much anymore. For the last decade or so, we've used a cool "WL" logo. The font is the same as the one on the Badgers helmets; the letters are blue with a red drop shadow behind them. I like it a lot, and so do most of the other coaches and players. I don't think it's on the web at all right now, but if I can find it, I'll post it.

cool, another SE Wisconsinite here...welcome to the boards :welcome: heck, you aint much older than me (Case 2001)

I've seen it, they'd featured one of your guys' games on Preps Plus a while back, either 99 or 2000. I liked it, at least yall don't look like Vikes retreads.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I can't wait to see what the Reds' jacket looks like. I bought a very cool Reds letterman-style jacket twelve years ago that I still have.

i had a killer Reds varsity jacket. red wool, white leather sleeves, a huge chenille C-Reds on the back. Saw Chris Sabo wear one on Fountain Sq downtown Cincinnati in Oct 90 and took me 3 yrs to save up!

I'm not a big fan of the Viking logo either...however, the school doesn't really use that logo much anymore.  For the last decade or so, we've used a cool "WL" logo.  The font is the same as the one on the Badgers helmets; the letters are blue with a red drop shadow behind them.  I like it a lot, and so do most of the other coaches and players.  I don't think it's on the web at all right now, but if I can find it, I'll post it.

The Journal comes through again:

wl1119.jpg

Not bad. Minus points for the unitard, but not bad. Then again, my school has apparently added black and "borrowed" the Chiefs' helmet logo, so I'm hardly one to talk.

The unitard is not a phenomenon I like a whole lot either, but it's something that the team just reserves for postseason. They feel they've had good success with the all-blue look (no worse than the state semifinals each of the last 3 years, state champs last year), so they go with the unitard look for the playoffs only. It doesn't look great, but you can't argue with the results I guess.

They've also kept the Viking-knockoff logo as a secondary logo, although it doesn't show up much these days.

The helmet logo is good in theory, but the L could be a little more similar in style to the W. It looks kinda strange and dissimilar.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived