Akron Zips

andrewharrington

I didn't want these to look just like the Rams' uniforms as they currently do, so here is the first one in which I've made the home and away jersey dramatically different. The away jersey is close to the Rams' away jersey, but with blue pants. I used their current custom typeface which is also used in the wordmark. I've shrunk the numbers a little bit, though, because they are way too big right now. Yeah, self explanatory, really.

akron.gif

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

i like it - but i have a couple of nitpicks - i don't like the solid blue home jersey, i think you need the gold shoulder stripes in there. the only other thing is the gold socks on the away- go with the blue and you've got a winner! also, maybe put the helmet logo on the sleeves? nice job overall, i like the font/number set

OD_Signature.jpg

Very nice. My only issue is with the gold socks on the away set, but unless you go blue and create the dreaded "leotard" look (oooohh!!), I'm not sure what choice you have except long whites.

As an aside, I know Akron has been using the kangaroo as part of its logo for a while now, but does anyone know how it became part of the package? I haven't figured out any obvious connection with the Zips nickname.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

You guys really don't want to see the blue jersey with gold stripes. It really doesn't look good, and I promise you that. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Maybe white striping on the home jersey to parallel what you've done with the road jersey? The sleeve can remain blue - but separated from the jersey body by a white stripe.

As for the road socks, is there any NCAA rule preventing using stripes on socks? You could have a band of white at the top of the sock, then bands of gold, then blue, then white the rest of the way down. Like what the Redskins do, but thicker stripes.

Otherwise, these are beautiful. Like the rest of your MAC redesign. Diggin' it!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Well, I just did a little experimenting.

A. I liked white socks on the away jerseys, but I haven't tried the striped socks.

B. White striping to mirror the away jersey looked really strange. I don't know how to explain it. I didn't like it. I think it looked "cheap" more than anything.

C. I tried doing it like the Rams' home jerseys, and it looked a lot worse here, maybe because of the relatively "busy" number font. Plus, I'm not sure I like the gold side panel disappearing into stripeless gold pants. They would be identical to the current ones for the most part if I did this.

Archived