The logo scene at my school

OB33

Despite being the newest school in the area our school has the plainest logo around, basically the M logo from Michigan replaced by Millbrook (the name of the high school).

It was a challenge for the school to think of a good mascot/logo because our nickname is the Pioneers. So we have gone with the M logo sice our inception. This year we finally got a mascot and to go with it we had a mural painted on the gym wall. It ended up looking like this:

pioneermural.jpg

Pretty cool looking, IMO. Although it's probably too complex to be a legitimate logo it does give the opposing team something to deal with when they shoot foul shots.

In other news, our school started a sports network that broadcasts once a week during study hall. I'm in the class that makes the show, and everyone in the class was asked to come up with a design for our "channel" the Pioneer Sports Network or PSN for short. Thanks to my experience on this board I was able to come up with the winning design, which is posted below.

psnb.png

I had no inspiration whatsoever for this concept :P

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Haha, clever, but add an outline or something for the words in the PSN gap. Or change the color, the light blue is too light.

As for that mural... kind of lame. Did he "stand" through the broken wall? What is he reaching for with his left hand? Does he have an invisible holster w/gun? I might be being too critical.

How tough can he be? He's wearing a skirt...not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

In all seriousness, why couldn't you guys use that pioneer guy as your logo...I dig it!

As for your sportschannel wordmark, could you have gone with something original at all? Don't get me wrong, it's cool, but you should want something with YOUR name attached to it to stand on it's on merits, not be a direct rip-off of the ESPN logo. Sorry to be a downer...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Haha, clever, but add an outline or something for the words in the PSN gap. Or change the color, the light blue is too light.

I think I realized the blue was too light when I saw it on the first broadcast and realized no one could read it. (D'oh!)

"ANGRY WHITE MEN"?

Welcome to Virginia

cool, but you should make the slant/sheer the same angle on both the 'psn' and the 'pioneers sports network'

That was the intention, but I'm not very good at this whole Microsoft Acrylic thing yet so I just hoped if I italicized it that it would suffice. It didn't.

As for your sportschannel wordmark, could you have gone with something original at all? Don't get me wrong, it's cool, but you should want something with YOUR name attached to it to stand on it's on merits, not be a direct rip-off of the ESPN logo. Sorry to be a downer...

No I understand, I actually submitted a couple drafts of different logos but they chose the ESPN look alike. But then again, the one they chose was probably the best of the bunch anyway.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Archived