AstroBowl II - The Sequel

TBGKon

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, one day away from the boards and theres a new contest and butt-loads of great entries already!

I'm in on this one, eh! -- and since some of my designs have been critiqued as having dainty outlines and being too detailed, I'll specifically make this one bold and simple. I hope (seeing as I have no idea what team or concept I'm going to do...).

Good luck everyone! Take your time GregJigga, you can do it!

**EDIT** Post 200! *does a little dance*

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

A sneak peak at my Jacksonville Bulls concept:

JB1.gif

I was hoping to convey some kind of movement, a rushing forward if you will, without (like the original) looking like cheesy 80's video game box art.

I also plan on doing the Denver Gold--not because I have an idea for it, but just because it's Denver *shrugs*

spacer.png

NewJerseyGeneralsUSFL2005AstroBowlI.png

I chose New Jersey because of Doug Flutie...the last remaining active USFL player.

Hot jersey, dude!

Great concept on the logo as well--even though I really like the original logo for the Generals.

spacer.png

Yikes well looks like everyone wanted wanted to do the generals...i no exception... so heres my entry.

i might come back with a breakers set.

Well, the Generals were probably the highest profile team in the USFL, though they weren't that good...lol. Herschel Walker and Doug Flutie were their biggest stars, Herschel was the biggest star in the USFL period, and "The Donald" Trump was their owner and the highly-outspoken mouthpiece for the whole league. Trump was really the spearhead behind the move to fall play, which utimately KILLED the league!

I hope you do a Breakers set, since no one else has. I believe their look would have changed the most in 20 years had the league survived.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Denver Gold logo:

DG1.gif

I think with either one, you should close the D. I would like the warped one a little better with a closed D, because the football would be larger. The infamous P.I.L.L. had a design with a "DC" where the D was not closed, and even being reminded of that whole debacle is enough for me to beg of you to close the D. :D

Looks good though!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived