microsoft paint question

sideshowbob

All right guys, I do all of my concepts on the very basic microsoft paint. I wanted to know if, I dont know how to say this, when I go to outline something to cut and paste, you can only use a square shape wich leaves alot of white space. Is there a way to outline something exactly along it's lines? Sorry if it's a bit confusing. Thanks for the help. :hockeysmiley:

ad-sig-2.png

New and Improved Adrenaline Online:

http://adrenalinedesignstudio.synthasite.com/

Use the free-form select. But it's a pain in the ass.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Free-form select helps.

Also, make the background on the area you're selecting transparent (it's on the left side controls, beneath all the tools) - if you make the edited item's white space opaque, it'll overlay the background you're placing it on.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Free-form select helps.

Also, make the background on the area you're selecting transparent (it's on the left side controls, beneath all the tools) - if you make the edited item's white space opaque, it'll overlay the background you're placing it on.

I'm using paint also, and I'm not seeing any extra options like that...

sig_gai.png

warriorbannerssmall.png

Free-form select helps.

I'm using paint also, and I'm not seeing any extra options like that...

Alright, get a pic. Then, take a portion of the picture and drag it. When you select a portion of the picture, you will see under the tools, two picture that have shaped in them. There should be one on top of the other. Select the bottom one and there ya go!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I don't think there really is a way to get those white spots from around the picture. Even if you select the transparent button-thingy. The reason is that those pixels aren't exactly white. They have a slight tint of whatever color the edge of your picture is. It's a blending sort of thing. Outside of haveing that sharp cutoff point (which makes having a smooth picture a bit difficult to achieve) I think you're stuck. You can edit the pixels individually though. Which is also a pain to do.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I don't think there really is a way to get those white spots from around the picture. Even if you select the transparent button-thingy. The reason is that those pixels aren't exactly white. They have a slight tint of whatever color the edge of your picture is. It's a blending sort of thing. Outside of haveing that sharp cutoff point (which makes having a smooth picture a bit difficult to achieve) I think you're stuck. You can edit the pixels individually though. Which is also a pain to do.

exactly. i think it has something to do with saving in .jpg

Archived