Hartford Whalers Fantasy Alternate

spyboy1

Perhaps you remember my Senators Fantasy Alternate Barberpole jersey.

I have a chance to make a new Fantasy Alternate now. Thanks to OMMF, I found out about a blank Whalers style jersey, complete with a tie neck from icejerseys.com.

I can get various patches for the jersey, but don't know exactly which ones to use for the shoulders.

Here is a photoshopped jersey with an "H" initial logo on the left and a classic "Pucky the Whale" on the right.

I could possibly just go with small versions of the main crest, but that seems a bit redundant and boring.

Which do you prefer, the "H" or "Pucky"?

Also, I can get the main crest with or without the outer blue trim, but personally perfer the blue trimmed one. The blue trim was actually used on the white jerseys, while the blue era jereseys used to have the silver background sewn right onto the jersey without any contrasting trim.

Whalers_Alt.jpg

Also, what name and number to go with? Gordie Howe #9. Ron Francis #10. Paul Coffey #77. Kevin Dineen #11. Dave Keon #14. Geoff Sanderson #8. Pat Verbeek #16. Oh, the possibilities...

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

FINALLY i see an alternate of the WHALE! i was a huge whalers fan growing up and my heart has been broken ever since. i hardly watch hockey because of what karmanos did to us in the state of CT. i have actually been thinking of an idea but i do not have the resources as you all do. here is my idea: if you were to still use the current home and away as a reference and still have it as your primary uniforms. take the new logo and just make it white like it use to be previous to the blue ones. so you would basically have the outline of the logo, the the tail and the "w" in white, and the letter "h" in green. for the shoulders, bring back pucky the whale and definitely keep the ties under the neck. try that one as well and post it and see what people leave for feedback. either one, they look sharp!

Puckie, but you've got to put the version on with "ers" under the tail.

And Francis. ^_^

When I saw Francis10 had replied to this post, I thought "Hmmm. Wonder what name and number he's going to vote for? ;) "

I was originally leaning towards Gordie Howe, but Francis fits the era of jersey with silver trim better. But.... Francis' last year in Hartford was 90-91, before the silver trim was ever used.

Pucky sure is the clear favorite, but I did like trying the "H" logo as a secondary.

Now Pucky for the main crest. Hmmmm...interesting idea. Could put the H-tail main logo on the shoulders then. I have to go mock this up and see how she looks... :hockeysmiley:

Thanks for the input. Any more comments are always welcome!

Jeff

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Whalers_Pucky_Alt.jpg

It would require going to the trouble and expense of getting the main crest custom made, but it could be worth it, unless of course it's too "cute" or "too obscure" a logo to carry off being the main crest.

JeffB

PS - Gordie - great sig! :hockeysmiley:

HansonsSig.jpg

I think the H-tail main logo looked better as the main crest. Pucky should stay on the shoulders. Pucky just doesn't seem like a great logo to use as the main crest, too much white and not enough detail.

Go with Pucky on the shoulders, the H-Tail as the main crest...

And go with THE MOST UNDERRATED PLAYER IN NHL HISTORY...Ronnie Franchise himself :hockeysmiley:

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Pucky and Dineen.

Wouldn't expect anything else the Dineen from an Ottawa native...

I have to agree with Gordie here: Pucky and Dineen...

EDIT: :shocked: What? HockeyDB has Kevin as a Quebec City native? I thought the Dineens were huge in the Ottawa region???

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Normal logo on the front. and the whale on the back with "pucky" on the nameplate

The whale on the back?? :blink:

Full credit for 'thinking outside the box', but that's not happening.

HansonsSig.jpg

Archived