Best Names in Sports

Cujo

Razor Shines. Played with the Expos for a little while in the late 80's or early 90's I believe.

World B. Free (formerly Lloyd)

Tunch Ilkin

Radek Bonk

"Buzz" Nutter (Steelers in the 60's)

Josh Booty

Dick Pole

Satchel Paige

and finally...How many of you remember God Shammgod?

I think he played college hoops for Providence.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*raises hand*

He was also drafted by the Hawks if I recall. I always wanted to see him play alongside Christian Laettner. :D

6uXNWAo.png

*raises hand*

He was also drafted by the Hawks if I recall. I always wanted to see him play alongside Christian Laettner. :D

I remember when someone mentioned that the... Hawks? I forgot what team Laettner was on at the time, should draft God Shammgod so they could have a Christian, a Priest (Lauderdale), and a God.

sportsbanner-single.jpg

*raises hand*

I remember when someone mentioned that the... Hawks? I forgot what team Laettner was on at the time, should draft God Shammgod so they could have a Christian, a Priest (Lauderdale), and a God.

That reminds me: If St. Louis and L.A. come back down 3-1 in their series, it'll be an all Catholic World Series: Angels vs Cardinals.

Just thought I'd share B) .

teamsnew2.png

*raises hand*

That reminds me: If St. Louis and L.A. come back down 3-1 in their series, it'll be an all Catholic World Series: Angels vs Cardinals.

Well, we already had Cardinals/Padres in the NLDS.

6uXNWAo.png

My God, when I saw once a TV NHL game where Satan played... I swear that his last name is too catchy...!!! Ha!

Why he didn't sign with New Jersey I'll never know.

That's easy... Satan in the NJ Devils never will be the BOSS... he would be only one player more... :D

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

*raises hand*

Well, we already had Cardinals/Padres in the NLDS.

So there the high priests' team logically WON. :P

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I.M. Hipp

Or former Maryland basketball player Exree Hipp. On class rolls, he was a hip X-ray.

Razor Shines is an all-timer.

But my favorite had to be Oddibe McDowell. I even named my model plane Oddibe, for what that's worth (a few pieces of balsa wood and glue, ultimately).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Zarley Zalapski

Hakan Loob

Pekka Rautikellio

Eddie Beers

Rollie Fingers

Vida Blue

Morris Titanic

Eagle Day

Eagle Keys

Babe Ruth (not a very masculine name)

Basil Bark

That's off the top of my head--more may occur to me.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

There was a pretty good female athlete here in North Dakota named Chanda Leier.

But my favorite is one who came from one of the high schools on the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation. Her name: Carmelita Bear Ribs. It almost sounds like something you'd order in a restaurant that serves wild game.

Archived