Lightning jersey

EagleFan344

Unbeliveable. Now those numbers are so "old" that people don't remember them? I feel like a dinosaur.

That font is called Reporter (why on Earth it isn't called "Paintbrush" I'll never understand).

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

The worst part about those jerseys was the ridiculous alternate. Imagine if Colorado's jersey had a bunch of snow dotting the jersey, or if Calgary had flames bursting all over. Ah..the mid-90's NHL, where no idea was too hideous.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Y'know, except for the weird lightning bolts on the shoulders, I kinda liked those alts. I didn't like most of the sublimated alts, but that one was cool, in a way.

I still like the old 3-D numbers best, though.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The worst part about those jerseys was the ridiculous alternate.  Imagine if Colorado's jersey had a bunch of snow dotting the jersey, or if Calgary had flames bursting all over.  Ah..the mid-90's NHL, where no idea was too hideous.

I'm funny that way. When that first came out, I didn't like it. Then they stopped using it and it became kinda cool. I was lucky enough to find one lounging about on a rack in the back of a store known for for skate sales than fan merchandise.

What my research showed was when that jersey came out, it had dedicated "electric" numbers, used just on that jersey.

http://www.dropthepucks.com/images/Tampa/97-98Cicconefrt.jpg

After a couple of years, they changed to using the "reporter" font on the alt as well, which was too bad because the electric numbers made a more unique and cohesive look.

http://www.dropthepucks.com/images/Tampa/98-99Larocquebk.JPG

Alas, as much as I liked the electric numbers, I went with "Lecavalier" on my jersey and he didn't play during the "electric" era.

The original numbers were great. Italic AND drop shadowed? The best of both worlds! If I owned a team, that's what my team would wear.

http://www.dropthepucks.com/images/Tampa/savardb.jpg

Now, as for this Avs jersey with snow falling, I kinda like that idea...

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

The original numbers were great. Italic AND drop shadowed? The best of both worlds! If I owned a team, that's what my team would wear.

http://www.dropthepucks.com/images/Tampa/savardb.jpg

The original numbers were their best ever. Sadly, they were paired with quite possibly the worst and most illegible player name font ever. (Where have you gone, Brian Bradley?) Looking back fondly on those shaggy "electric" numbers. They were wasted on a ludicrous jersey. If the Lightning ever teased apart their jerseys through history down to their elements, they could have made a couple sweet sets instead of halfway-decent stuff all the while.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived