Minnesota wild

tajmccall

Let the 90's go, people...

In favour of the 60s and 70s? ???

In favour of good design, that's all. I blame the 90's for alot of over-design on sports uniforms, the old Coyotes being a prime example.

And in case one wonders, I do like the Wild uniforms a bit. SOMEONE had to wear green, and no one more appropriate than Minny. THAT's tradition, that's heritage. Anyone from Minny would tell you that.

I like a good vintage jersey, but ONLY for those teams that at least have a bit of heritage!

Minnesota has only existed for three years!

Minnesota has a Hockey heritage that is the equal of Canada. If they want to do something traditional and classic, eventhough their current team isin't, i say let them do it.

I do see your point however, and i do agree, that most teams that don't have a long standing history shouldn't make a jersey that looks like it was made in the 20's. But with the retro movement in full swing (and thank god it is),  if a newer team wants to make their jerseys look like the classy and professional dude teams wore inthe 50's and 60's, then i say that's fine to do.

Tampa Bay did a great job of this. They went from looking like some sort of gay-pride softball team to actually looking like they belonged on a MLB field...

My only complaint about modernist, is that they think everything new should be over-the-top with graphics, and it should be cluttered and busy, and with as many dark colors or superbright colors as possible, especially black. They don't relize that simple can be beautiful. And yes, i know there are some ugly uniforms out there that are "classic" uniforms, but no one bats 1.000...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

They don't relize that simple can be beautiful.

Simple can be very beautiful.  It can also be boring as hell.  There's a fine balance there.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

You don't have to get complicated to have a decent looking jersey. Both Toronto and Montreal have simple designs, yet are well received. Ont he other hand, when Pheonix first released their 'old' uniforms, i alot of people i know shook their heads. It's really complicated, took alot of time for the designers to figure t out, but that didn't mean that everyone was a fan, just cause it had alot going on in it. (I am a fan of it by the way, but only the black away, that green thing was as bad as the ducks first alt)

Really, it varies from city to city. Cities that have a heritage in the Sport are more likely to have more traditional designs, while the newer expansion cities are more likely to have that new 'edge' to their design (re: the florida panthers when they debuted, i still feel that the panther itself is way too intricate, too many colours and shapes)

Even if you look at the four latest teams, I've noticed that the Wild do have an older kind of look to their uniforms, as opposed to, say, the Thrashers (I hate how they switch the logos on the home/away, that 't' sucks)

But I do agree with Mockba, you have to take both things into consideration, make it interesting, something that can represent the spirit of your team and city, but keep it simple enough that people are not put off by it

From the Jackets home page...

http://columbusbluejackets.com/flash/home/3rd_jersey.swf

I did my best on the height and width given the allowed dimensions on the board (200x400), but if you want bigger, check their page, or just the movie...

http://columbusbluejackets.com/

http://columbusbluejackets.com/flash/home/3rd_jersey.swf

Archived