First Concept kinda sucks

ImpulZe

Well, to start, the Packers shouldn't use black, ever. In general, it's a bit too modern to fit the Packers. The helmet logo is kind of cool. It has that classic feel to it, but the uniforms are too modernized to go with it. The pants are very unique, to say the least. I can't really see how the jersey stripe would match the pants stripes. It's a bold and interesting concept, I have to give you credit for that.

:welcome:.

Can't say I am diggin' these. At all.

Ignoring the common philosophy of "Cripes! They're the friggin' Packers, and those uniforms were designed by God Himself, if you even think of changing them you'll burn in hell!" for a few seconds...

- the highlighter yellow doesn't work for a college team, it wouldn't work in the NFL;

- Uppercase/lowercase player names are also not NFL-caliber (again, I can't even think of a college team that uses that style, let alone a pro team, in any of the major sports);

- the stripes on the pants are going to give a lot of people seizures... and they don't match up with the single stripe on the sides of the jersey (a bad idea in and of itself, but I blame the Broncos and Nike for that, not this concept);

- the numeral font doesn't match with the name font, and it is far too squat of a font to be used on a football jersey, nor is it legible enough to serve its primary purpose of identifying which masked/helmeted player is which;

- white collars with neon-yellow sleeve trim and side panels make the white look even more out of place;

- ditto the white facemasks - other than the numbers and collar, there isn't any white on the jerseys (the present uniforms have white stripes on the jersey sleeves, the helmet, the collar and the pants);

- the helmet logo is full of such fine detail that it will be difficult to reproduce for merchandise, and most of the detail will be rendered as blurry and unidentifiable by TV, the all-seeing eye of the NFL.

Hey - it's a first effort...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived