Redskins in all-white tonite

GMS1122

i think this is gonna look worse than some all white looks(in teh way the bears' all white looks bad).  gotta wait and see for gametime, but if they do, someone find the player responsible and shoot him.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Madden and Michaels both comfirmed what I thought when I saw the jerseys...this is the first time anyone can remember this 'Skins in a white AOC combo.  They've always gone with either the gold or burgandy pants with the white jersey.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

regarding the patch, usually this is done for ex-owners, coaches, teammates who pass away. This is the first time I can think of that the persons only affiliation, besides being an "avid fan" according to the 'skins media guide,

is that his kid owns the team. I think he means well

as paying respect to his father who took him to his first

Redksins game, but It seems odd/egotistical to thrust it down the organizations throat like that. He could've just

dedicated the season or renamed the practice facility instead.

I do not believe that the Helemt is metallic. Just me.

And the Redskins in all white is no good. The need those dark pants withthe white jerseys. All white looks great on most teams, not on the 'Skins (or the 'Hawks)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

regarding the patch, usually this is done for ex-owners, coaches, teammates who pass away. This is the first time I can think of that the persons only affiliation, besides being an "avid fan" according to the 'skins media guide,

is that his kid owns the team. I think he means well

as paying respect to his father who took him to his first

Redksins game, but It seems odd/egotistical to thrust it down the organizations throat like that. He could've just

dedicated the season or renamed the practice facility instead.

Actually the old man was apparently a limited partner in the 'Skins, tho' I suspect his interest was bought and paid for by Danny Boy...

But you know what?  If I shell out $700,000,000+ for an NFL franchise and someone close to me dies, I think I'd do a patch too, and to hell with anyone who complains about it.

nav-logo.png

yeh I knew I'd raise some levels with that comment.

I just think Snyder is a self-made spoiled brat

who knows he can do what he wants, and does.

I must be the minority here because I love the all-white

look for most teams. I use to love the Bills in all

white with the Red helmet and socks. The Chargers, Jets

and Bucs look good. Call me crazy.

I am a proponent of all white looks. THey are classic, claen, and traditional, andthey are NOT considered an A-O-C uniform, and shouldn't be. However, some teams just do not look good with the all white look, and the Redskins are one of them.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I am a proponent of all white looks. THey are classic, claen, and traditional, andthey are NOT considered an A-O-C uniform, and shouldn't be. However, some teams just do not look good with the all white look, and the Redskins are one of them.

Couldn't agree with you more. I'm old enough to remember when the Skins trotted out their "new" uniforms (1979, against the Houston Oilers). It's one of the very few 70's era redesigns that still looks good and the burgundy pants are very much an essential to this uniform's success. Hopefully this is a one-time experiment. And as for the helmet, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out whether they are using a metallic paint this year. It certainly looked like a shinier shell but I couldn't see any of the flecks that indicate a metallic finish. Could it be that they are just using a slightly different variation of burgundy this year?

Pantone . . . . ? ? ?

The Redskins have definitely changed the finish on their helmets, but I'm not sure on the color.  In the past they've used a Cardinal shell (and last year the throwback was maroon).  This new color may be a custom color created specifically for the Redskins.  I've included a link to Schutt Sports, where you can see the different types of shell finishes.  

http://www.schuttsports.com/2003f21.htm

Kevin

after further review, it didn't look horrible...just had that 'don't try it again' look to it.  they won, though, so i figure we should expect more all white for the skins sometime this season(maybe as soon as next week)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived