Original Six Project

flamesfan89

BANNER.jpg

New uniforms for the oldest teams in the league. First up are the Detroit Red Wings, and the team everyone loves to hate, the Toronto Maple Leafs.

WINGS.jpg

Kept the classic design of the home and road jerseys, added a third based on the Detroit Cougars' logo.

LEAFS.jpg

Home and road have the more interesting old leafs logo. The alternate is based on one of the new Rbk practice jerseys I saw. Green because of the Toronto St. Pats.

Tell me what ya think. More concepts to follow. B)

I don't mind the Wings alt you made. The crest is nice, very classy, but I'm not too wild on the stripes. I'd see what the crest looks like on something a little more similar to their current set...just because the Wings are such a classy team. Plus that jersey style reminds me of the Flyers, who I don't particularly like. Sorry, Philly fans, I hate my hometown teams...especially the Eagles. :hockeysmiley:

I really like the Leafs. I think they should switch to the 3rd logo for all uniforms. I would keep the socks as the normal 3-stripe look though. As for the green jersey. I like it, not particularly with the blue mixed in though. I'm not big on the number font, just because it doesn't match the other jerseys. I don't know how the numbers looked on the old St. Pat's jerseys, so maybe your number font is historical, although it doesn't look like an older font.

I love what you've done with the Detroit Red Wings jersey's although minor changes on the home and road. I love the crest you used for the Red Wings alternate.

The Maple Leafs home and road's look nice. I've always loved that logo of the maple leaf the best although I don't really like a green AND blue alternate.

Definitely. Pick one colour and run with it on the alt. I like the tip o' the hat with the St. Pats, but blue and green don't work together here too well.

Other than that, this is a solid concept. Good work.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Sorry! I have to agree with my friends who wrote before me. I'm not too crazy about the green and blue jersey, although it's a great idea to remember the St-Pat's, but i would lose the blue on the alternate uniform. However, i love the 3 unis of the Red Wings, especially the alternate. Great job! :blink:

Try doing a lightning set please.

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

ah yes, cus I fondly remember back in the winter of '49 when the Habs beat the Tampa Bay Lightning in the Cup finals :D

the Leafs third had me thinking of one thing immediately: Torontre Dame

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Hm, let me read the topic title again...

...now, let me think about the chances of the Lightning being included....

I'm coming up with zero. Is that what everyone else got?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I believe the name of the thread is "Original Six Project". Oh, Mockba beat me to it. :D

I like what you have here. The crest on the Detroit jersey is a good idea. Also, I like the addition of silver on the Leafs jerseys. Good job.

I believe the name of the thread is "Original Six Project". Oh, Mockba beat me to it. :D

I like what you have here. The crest on the Detroit jersey is a good idea. Also, I like the addition of silver on the Leafs jerseys. Good job.

Maybe someone'll do a "Most Recent 10" Concept. However, Tampa does need a bit of an overhaul with their unis.

Not to mention that this thread is in the "Concepts" section and not "Requests."

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Maybe I'll do a Tampa concept in the future, but for now I'll stick with the original six. :D

HAWKS.jpg

For the Blackhawks, I didn't mess with the best jerseys in the league, and only changed the alternate. I brought back a logo similar to the old crest and based the design off the uniforms worn in the '40s.

For the 3rd, I'd say lose the armpit/side stripe, and you've got a winner. Obviously, I'm not going to argue your decision for the home and road, except that they're not the best in the NHL. I'd put up an argument for the Isles...with the exception of the 3rd.

For the 3rd, I'd say lose the armpit/side stripe, and you've got a winner. Obviously, I'm not going to argue your decision for the home and road, except that they're not the best in the NHL. I'd put up an argument for the Isles...with the exception of the 3rd.

I agree with you, but i still put the Blackhawks up by a notch.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

As I hawk fan, I was glad there wasn't a lot changed about the jerseys, but their current ones are still better, although I think they should make their black jersey the primary, and replace the neck liner with the old-school laces.. The 3rd alternates cool minus the armpits and sides, make the numbers white with a red border, and you've got money.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Ok, now, y'all know I hate the HackHawks. But I'll try to be objective here.

I don't know why, but I've never been a fan of the indian head logo. It just looks sloppy and out of place with all those colours on such a simple jersey. That being said, I can't imagine them ever changing to anything else, either, nor do I think I'd want them to. Now, the C logo on the shoulders, I've always thought that was clever and classy.

The jerseys are simple, and maybe a bit plain, but again, likely untouchable. Not as good as some (but... the Isles? C'mon now. Their jerseys are nice, but that logo's pathetic. PATHETIC.) in the league, but definitely solid.

But, under no circumstances should the black become the primary. In fact, the black just needs to go away; for some reason, and I can't pinpoint why, it just seems wrong. It's not a horrible design, it's not offensive to the eye, per se, but I just don't like it. When the Blues (quite possibly the best current jerseys in the league, btw, but I'm a little biased) pound the crap out of the Hawks time and time again, I prefer it to be in their classic white or red. ^_^

As for this concept... I'd defintiely say no to the extra white outline on the numbers, because it doesn't look god, and doubly so since it's only applied to the white jersey. I kinda dig the black version you've come up with, an interesting mix of historic HackHawk imagery with modern touches. Definitely not sure about the numbers moving to the shoulders, rather than being on the sleeves, and I'm not sold on the numbers being red instead of white. Again, I don't know that I'd want to see them wear those (see above note about poundings ^_^ ), but it's certainly worth a look.

POTD 2013-08-22

I'm just a sucker for blue and orange. I really love the "stripes" on the shoulder of the Isles jerseys too.

I can dig it. I like the Cup stripes, too. I just think the crest logo is crap.

POTD 2013-08-22

Archived