New Tork Rangers concept

kroma

I think that the Rangers would look better with an actual logo. I modified their unis a little and made a new alternate. WARNING!! you might want to put on sun glasses for the alternate, it's kinda bright (my tribute to the first New York team in the NHL, the Americans)

Enjoy!

HOME

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/tebonla/MCH.jpg

AWAY

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/tebonla/MC3.jpg

ALTERNATE

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/tebonla/MCA.jpg

'Salright.

This is coming from a full-fledged Rangers hater, but they just don't look like the Rangers. No 3-D number shadows, no vertical-arch letters, no unique stripes across the shoulders.

Were these for another team, they'd be more than OK. But they don't say "New York Rangers" to me.

The Stars & Stripes alt is interesting, and I could see the Rangers wearing something like this if they were playing games on 9/11 or the 4th of July. Unsure if the Stencil font numbers work for me, but I like the treatment on the "NYR" across the front.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I don't know if the Americans tribute is a good one considering it was the Rangers ran them out of the league. I also don't like the Liberty logo being the primary, if you are going to use a creast for the Rangers the shield logo is better.

First off great concepts, I might piss some Ranger fans off but, that liberty logo gotta go. It has nothing to do with the team name Rangers. It looked good on Richter's mask but thats it. I think the shield logo would be better.

Not this one :lol:

I don't mind the Lady Lib alt logo the Blueshirts use, but if it were phased out, I wouldn't be too too upset.

Yeah, Richter's mask was the basis for the logo, but seeing they wanted to do a 3rd for some odd reason (thanks again to the Dolans...Reason #873487238 why I wish they'd just sell the team or get caught in a Rigas-esque scandal with Cablevision :cursing: ), I guess it was the way they wanted to go...

Personally, as they're an Original 6 team, an alt isn't all that necessary unless it's a throwback or something (Looking squarely at you too, Bruins & Blackhawks (even though that black jersey is pretty sweet) <_< )...if they were to do an alt along the lines of a throwback (even though it's from a bad period of the team's history), go with the Vintage ones they had in 03-04 (the Winnipeg Jets style one with the shield in the front...actually have a Jagr one of those in white)...

Anyways, back to the purpose of this thread....I don't mind these concepts one bit...it's original to say the least. However, as someone stated, the Rangers honoring the Amerks is very odd to say the least seeing the Rangers were the reason the Amerks went under in the first place.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Archived