TB Lightning Concept

Shumway

I added yellow to their logo, just to see how it'd look. I was going to make a whole new logo, but I didn't really feel like putting that much time into it. I was just kinda bored before my friend came back to watch Batman Begins :D . I don't know that I like this concept very much at all, but I figured I'd post in anyways. The jerseys are based off of the Bridgeport Sound Tigers' 3rd jersey. I changed the hue of the blue as well, to what the Sound Tigers use, except slightly darker. Like I said, I'm not feeling it too much, but C&C is welcome. It's just the dark jersey, I didn't bother to make a white one yet, not sure if I will or not. Oh yeah, I opted to use the 3rd jersey just for something different. Also, I thought the yellow looked better with this logo, after all, Florida's the sunshine state.

Heeeeeeere we go:

Lightning.jpg

Actually, upon looking at it again, would it look better without the Lightning bolds on the side? They seem a bit distracting to me.

...and why I didn't just add this to the initial post, I don't know. My bad.

Shumway I was thinking about make it cool. Since they are called the lightning, why not do the the origninal jersy but with lightning bolts down the side.

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

I just don't like the Lightning's current set(or the team, for that matter) enough to keep that style and just add lightning bolts. I wanted to try something completely new.

BTW: It's kinda hard to tell, but all of the black parts are outlined in the yellow color.

I think you're on the right track...

I've been saying for years that we NEED to get rid of the state of Florida and the "tampa bay lightning" script in our logo. The same crest with the bolt would look just fine all by itself.

I like our current colors, but a hint of yellow or gold or some shade of "sunshine" i think would be a great addition as an outline color or an accent color....as long as you keep the main blue, black, white, and silver as well.

Keep workin on it though, man. The Champs have needed new uniforms for a couple years now.

SigReflect.png

Actually, I don't mind these as much as I thought I would. They may have some potential.

My biggest reservation with these is how often there are adjacent sections of royal blue and black. These colors do not look good together on any uniform, and they're not really meant to be worn together. The Lightning do a pretty fair job of minimizing their use of royal blue on the present sets, and prefer to use silver instead. Your set uses a helluva lot of two dark colors next to each other.

I'd choose one or the other, and use it a lot. I'd choose black, since black clouds bring rain and thunder and lightning. Use more silver, more gold/yellow for accent and trim colors. I'd keep the blue to an extreme minimum, or switch it up to a lighter "electric blue".

If you can rectify that, you'll have something really nice here.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I whipped this up pretty quickly in paint. I changed the main color to black, and then put the areas that were black to white. Any improvements? I added blue just as a trim to the black stripes. It might not show up on here, but it's there.

Lightning2.jpg

I know it was quick, but I already like it much more than your first effort. I'd love to see this when you get some time to really do it up right.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I know it was quick, but I already like it much more than your first effort. I'd love to see this when you get some time to really do it up right.

I actually do have the time, but I'm busy being bitter. I've been swept by the baseball gods. Sucks to be an Angels and Cardinals fan right now.

Archived