New England Nautics

Lumbergh

Your logos have nothing to do with the name. If Nautic means a boat, I'd expect to see a boat (or at least something nautical) in your concept.

yeah...at least an anchor, a compass or something. this, you could slap any name on it and call it a day...oh look, it's a baseball team.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The team's colors are not too shaby. Naval Blue and Red Tide with (San Francico Giants) Cream. It could have potential to look classic.

While I like the comet-tailed baseball logo, it really doesn't fit the team's identity. I agree with the others, but a few adjustments can make this really good, it already has much potential. I was thinking something along the lines of waves like the current San Diego Padres logo or maybe like the Boston Breakers. On the main circle logo with the "Nautics" wordmark, I would take out the comet and draw in a wave on the blue background so it looks like the ball is riding the wave's crest.

Perhaps putting a compass needle in the current "N" logo to suggest "North" like many nautical maps plus try adding an "E" on the cap logo. That way you have the whole "New England" thing covered. I'd also nip the "tail" off the "N" on the right hand side, so it looks more like an "N".

If you want the wordmark to reflect the identity better, I would keep the font the way it is, but I would incorporate an anchor in place of the "t". That way even on the jersey the wordmark keeps the identity. For the away jersey, I might assume "New England" would be on the jersey, so I'd just have the "N" be the same as that for the cap logo.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Archived