An extreme Habs-Expos tribute

Frylock

That's not sick at all...well in a :puke: sense :lol:

It's like a car wreck..or a how a moth reacts to a light bulb...you can't help but be drawn towards it...

Seriously, I like this...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Wow... Thanks for all the kind words! This went over better than I anticipated. Knowing that's powder blue and retro, I was girding my loins for the expected flack from certain groups. ^_^

Anyhoo... On to the replies...

Shumway -- I originally went with white/red/white for the sleeve and torso stripes, but I wanted to be somewhat faithfull to the Expos unis rather than the Habs, ao I based it off of the racing stripes from the '80s Expos gear and changed it to the blue/red/blue pattern.

HatCity -- Excellent analogies!

Mockba -- Dude! Why the hatin' on the serifed Expos font?!? :grin: They were kinda cheesy in a way, but I will always think of that font whenever I think of the Expos. They will be tied together forever, like peanut butter & bananas.

dgnmrwrw -- Funny you should mention the Nords... I used very similar colors in my Nords concept from my WHA Concept Project back from when these very boards opened up. Speaking of the WHACP, we'll be hearing more about that very soon... :ninja:

Suigi -- Thanks for the suggestion! If I were to send this in, I would have to add one more thing... The pinwheel helmet!

exposxoverhelmet.gif

Thanks again for the feedback, everyone! :D

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

I'd love to see these jerseys on SEGA NHL '93; it'd be like having the players in Stealth Mode, camouflaged by the powder blue ice! :P

Pinwheel helmet is the addition of the millenium, my friend.

Of course, to truly go Expos, you need the racing stripes (red/blue) down the sleeves, and red numbers. But I am being picky.

I've always rued the day I outgrew my Hubie Brooks #7 jersey... :cry:

Where did you get the Expos font? I've looked for it and come up blank. That font was awesome, and screamed Expos. I even had my mom find the pattern for the letters and put my name on the back of my Expos' satin bullpen jacket. (I was 9. It was cool.)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Thank you guys, for adding more C&C! :)

JPBlueHen -- Here's the one in red. I actually think this looks pretty sharp...

exposxover2.gif

VitaminD -- Gotta love that pinwheel helmet! I would love to see something like that on the ice. It almost reminds me of the two-tone helmets the Oshawa Generals used to wear. Anyhow, here's yours with the racing stripes...

exposxover3.gif

Enjoy, fellas!

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Being a fan of both teams, I must say I prefer the red one than the powder blue.

Anyway, between you and me, nothing can't be worst than this awful banner they unveiled last tuesday. Good intention from the Canadiens but please, get rid of the person who designed that thing..... For the love of God!

4442_3.jpg

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

what's wrong with it?

Ok, where do I start....?

I went to the game last saturday against the Isles. I'm telling you, you need a pair of binoculars to see the names on it.

Althought the color was the original uniform away color, that powder blue looks awful to me (question of taste). Maybe it's because the Expos were the last team to get rid of that color with the Kansas City Royals (correct me if I'm wrong here).

The whole banner concept looks only 1969 as if the 'spos played in major baseball from 1969 to 1972... I'd say it would have been great if they had used the two looks of the Expos. Then, everybody could have related to that banner, old and young people...

A voyage through Expos history if you will. I've made something up here in a few minutes with mspaint just to give you an idea of what I have in mind. I know it looks bad but I'm sure somebody here would be able to do something better by taking more time than I did on this...

bannerexpos.png

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Archived