Columbus blue jackets

puckcool22

Guys, take it easy on this guy.... did you castrate me when I said the Jays were making changes for 2004 but could not speculate further because of my job?

We did not know that the Blue Jackets were getting new uniforms, we knew they were getting an alternate, that is all.

Show some maturity folks, please, it's pretty sad when you attack someone for giving you insider information.  I think those who complained have been pretty spoiled during their time on this board.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys, take it easy on this guy.... did you castrate me when I said the Jays were making changes for 2004 but could not speculate further because of my job?

Difference here Chris is that you have credibility. We KNEW you were working for the Jays and that you most likely knew what was going on, and we understood your reasoning for not telling us. This guy has given no mention as to why he can't tell us more. If he said SOMETHING, instead of trying to play the James Bond of sports logos, we'd understand. But stating something that most of us knew, (albeit we were unaware of the "slight modifications" to the regular uniforms), and then not giving any reason sort of credentials like "I work for such and such" or "so and so", it makes the whole thread pointless. I'm not pissed or mad that he is not telling us more. But if he works for the Bluejackes or for some other reason can't tell us more, then he should have at least said that in the begining. All it looks like to me is some guy on the computer wanting to feel self-important and saying he's seen all these things, but he can't say anymore... andthen seeing the reaction he got out of everyone...

(P.S. Sorry bout that post before... was a little pissed and got carried away... but your used to that from me by now  :D )

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

wow, i wish i woulda saw what was written.

i think its ridiculous to ever lose your temper on the net unless you know the person means harm or disrespect, big e coulda been doing the thumb to the nose thing kinda sarcastically, i know if i had info but couldent give it out contractually i would be jovial about it.  

people getting mad over this, while isnt my place to judge, still appears to be a bit silly, and a waste of energy.

we will see the unis in no later than a month, patience my friends.

jqk- anyone on this board whos read a couple posts knows your style, i dont think big e took it too much to heart.

All it looks like to me is some guy on the computer wanting to feel self-important

ha i love it. look mokba i'm sorry even though you are wrong and have no argument. everyone else i'm sorry to, more importantly chris C.

nothing on here can be taken personally, because we don't know each other, what a hilarious concept.

look, if i'm not getting any good insider info on the net, then what am i doing? i'm just a nerd talking to other nerds and that's not cool. infact right now, by apologizing and saying all this i'm being a huge nerd instead of going outside for fresh air. may the internet make you fat.

love ya.

Vancouver 2010 Two Man Luge Gold Medalist.

http://www.geocities.com/oilfaninvan

Difference here Chris is that you have credibility. We KNEW you were working for the Jays and that you most likely knew what was going on, and we understood your reasoning for not telling us. This guy has given no mention as to why he can't tell us more. If he said SOMETHING, instead of trying to play the James Bond of sports logos, we'd understand. But stating something that most of us knew, (albeit we were unaware of the "slight modifications" to the regular uniforms), and then not giving any reason sort of credentials like "I work for such and such" or "so and so", it makes the whole thread pointless. I'm not pissed or mad that he is not telling us more. But if he works for the Bluejackes or for some other reason can't tell us more, then he should have at least said that in the begining. All it looks like to me is some guy on the computer wanting to feel self-important and saying he's seen all these things, but he can't say anymore... andthen seeing the reaction he got out of everyone...

(P.S. Sorry bout that post before... was a little pissed and got carried away... but your used to that from me by now :D )

...not to mention the fact that we know you're name, and where you live (the city, at least)... and your fiance's name... and your credit card numbers... okay, so I'm getting carried away, I'm tired and I'm exaggerating. But the point is you're name isn't MplLfsRck23006 or something like that. You've put your name (and thus, your reputation) behind the quality and content of your posts and your site, and I for one respect you greatly for that (not to mention shudder at your stupidity :D J/K).

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Ahh, ignorance really is bliss, apparently.

These new-school internet kids...

eh?

new school ? what does that mean? NEW nerds? the internet's only been around for less than a decade. i don't really understand your reasoning. you have yet to explain your first critique of my "it's the (freakin) internet" quote. all you said was it's the stupidest thing you've ever heard. and you also mentioned you hear lots of other stupid things.

i happen to think i had a good point and have no hard feelings, i mean e-feelings if you would please explain yourself. that's all. i can't beleive we all got involved in an e-argument. what a bunch of robots we are. lets go play outside now.

the internet's only been around for less than a decade.

No, what's less than a decade old is the concept that interactions on the Internet are not between people, and are somehow less valid.  How sad.  But I've been geeking on the 'Net since 1993, and online in other ways before that, so I got a taste of it before things took off and the Web became "the Internet" in people's minds.  

As a history lesson, the "Internet," under a couple different names, has been around for over thirty years, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, it's still a ridiculous line of reasoning.  "It's the Internet!  There are no rules!  We can do what we want!"  Right, whatever.  Contractual obligations are valid on any form of media, and any self-respecting person who has given their word (or signature) honours that.

In summary, the Internet is not just your personal playground, and the rest of us here are not a bunch of AIs sent to do your bidding.  Internet interaction is between real people, and still should abide by real ideas that you'd use in everyday life, such as manners and respect.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

the internet's only been around for less than a decade.

No, what's less than a decade old is the concept that interactions on the Internet are not between people, and are somehow less valid. How sad. But I've been geeking on the 'Net since 1993, and online in other ways before that, so I got a taste of it before things took off and the Web became "the Internet" in people's minds.

As a history lesson, the "Internet," under a couple different names, has been around for over thirty years, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, it's still a ridiculous line of reasoning. "It's the Internet! There are no rules! We can do what we want!" Right, whatever. Contractual obligations are valid on any form of media, and any self-respecting person who has given their word (or signature) honours that.

In summary, the Internet is not just your personal playground, and the rest of us here are not a bunch of AIs sent to do your bidding. Internet interaction is between real people, and still should abide by real ideas that you'd use in everyday life, such as manners and respect.

In addition, not only has the Internet (in its various forms) been around for years and years, but the World Wide Web has been around since 1989. Graphical browsers didn't come about until 1992 or 1993, but that's still over ten years ago.

My site is 7 years old. It was created back when Netscape was just relasing version 3 of Navigator. AOL was in version 3.0.

Chris' site is 6 years old. Both DH.N and CCSLP (in their various forms) predate Google, which started up five years ago yesterday. I would say that the people around before Google are old-school. The people who can remember when using tables with a border width of three was good design and every page had frames.

New-school internet kids weren't there anywhere near the beginning. They've always had Google and AOL and Yahoo!Geocities (not to be confused with Geocities, the original).

At least that's my take on it.

The interesting thing is that the internet really took off, not just because of the inventions of the web and internet and that type of stuff, but because the western economies picked up in the nineties having been in various forms of recession through most of the late eighties and early nineties (Anyone still awake????) This meant people had more money to spend and more people bought PCs with that money. Hence more people had access to the internet!

Right I have finished that history lecture! It is a bit strange that the Blue Jackets are changing unis already. Even if it is fairly minimal changes, this is gonna be what there 4th season?? Why not just bring out the alternate and think about more changes for next year?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

the commercial form of the net has been around for a decade and it really started to get popular in the mid-early 90's. that's what i meant, but you are right mokba.

let's all stop being geeks. i'm really starting to hate the internet. too many annoying pop ups and it's all a distraction. just like tv's when they first started to become popular. a nation of nerds.

anyways, who cares, i'm sorry i brought it all up...back to the columbus jerseys....

let's all stop being geeks. i'm really starting to hate the internet. too many annoying pop ups and it's all a distraction. just like tv's when they first started to become popular. a nation of nerds.

Thanks for reminding me how awesome Macs are. I upgraded to OS X.2 or maybe they just say 10.2 now. Then, I downloaded their new browser Safari. Flipping awesome. Has an option in the browser to block popup adds. Microsoft has abandoned plans of new Explorer for Macs, cuz they know they can't compete.

Seeing as how this topic has gone severly of topic, here is my first finished screenplay, which some of you may or may not have read already.

http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx/milking.txt

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

First off, to oilfaninvan(move back to E-town), JQK, Mockba, and anyone else who may have whined about the level of detail I gave in my teaser, tough. Why the hell you'd think I'd risk my source's job is beyond me, but the level of conceit that makes you think you're entitled to the inside scoop is staggering. I still feel the teams have a right to reveal these things in their own due time. I could give two :censored:s if you don't like it. Even if I could, I would never leak a logo.

Thanks for the support Chris Creamer, Kenworth, et al, I'm glad you understand, at least. Great site you have here.

For the ones that do like their info in small servings, I'll say this about the 'revised' Columbus jerseys. The only change is a removal of the Stinger logo, replaced with a new shoulder patch geared a little more towards the Civil War heritage of the Blue Jacket name. It's very nice, and any less green on the jersey is a step in the right direction. Which is why I like the new alternate jersey, not a hint o' lime! Great new alt logo too.

And no, I'm not Gary Bettmann.  :D  If I was Bettmann, I never would have let the new Atlanta alternate happen.  :P

Man, you stick up for a guy, and that's the thanks you get.  Anyway...

No Stinger?  That's kindof a shame, even though the green does look out of place.  A recolour on that logo, and it's not a bad logo.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived