John Lennon

Lumbergh

. . . I can't stand the Beatles . . .

Interesting . . . you don't hear that very often.

What is it about the Beatles that bothers you so much?

I'm kind of in the same boat as Shumway3319, why is Lennon looked at or perceived as a God?

I'm kind of in the same boat as Shumway3319, why is Lennon looked at or perceived as a God?

Because the Beatles are bigger than Jesus?

Lennon's held in a higher regard for the same reasons that Jim Morrison and Kurt Cobain are. Of course his stature is much larger than those two now because he always was a very popular icon prior to his death, the way he died combined with his protests for peace only amplified his stature to that of a "god".

And of course, because they were bigger than Jesus ;)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Not a big fan of the Beatles. Also not a big fan of hero-worship. Lennon was a great man, wrote music that many people consider great, and died in a tragic fashion. It is not a bad thing to still hold the man in a high regard, and to still dig the music and the message the man tried to convey.

But some people *cough*Chris*cough* go a little to far with the worship of the man. I feel some of these people need persepective.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Not a big fan of the Beatles. Also not a big fan of hero-worship. Lennon was a great man, wrote music that many people consider great, and died in a tragic fashion. It is not a bad thing to still hold the man in a high regard, and to still dig the music and the message the man tried to convey.

But some people *cough*Chris*cough* go a little to far with the worship of the man. I feel some of these people need persepective.

:lol:

It's nice to see that members can talk about Chris (the founder) of this board these days without getting into too much trouble, I'm glad things have finally changed around here!

It's nice to see that members can talk about Chris (the founder) of this board these days without getting into too much trouble, I'm glad things have finally changed around here!

how is it nice to see for you? You just joined today and only have 2 posts.

how is it nice to see for you? You just joined today and only have 2 posts.

That doesn't mean I haven't been around these parts before. There's many members or "lerkers" who have skimmed through here before posting before!

I meant nothing bad by my comments. I'm just glad this community has a pretty easy going guy such as the legendary Chris!

That doesn't mean I haven't been around these parts before. There's many members or "lerkers" who have skimmed through here before posting before!

Umm.. yea, you need to leave...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

You're a funny man! Anyway, carry on....

I just don't think their music's that special. It may have been revolutionary at the time, and i do realize that. It just doesn't do anything for me personally.

bman is the latest incarnation of "the_cynic" a/k/a "bs2282 (or something)"... I'll take care of him shortly.

I hardly worship the guy -- I'm a fan of his -- I have a john lennon poster up in my room -- just like any other fan of a musician or group.

Do I say you need perspective when it comes to you "going a little too far with your worship" of metallica?

:P

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

You're a funny man! Anyway, carry on....

He's not being funny... :therock:

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

bman is the latest incarnation of "the_cynic" a/k/a "bs2282 (or something)"... I'll take care of him shortly.

I hardly worship the guy -- I'm a fan of his -- I have a john lennon poster up in my room -- just like any other fan of a musician or group.

Do I say you need perspective when it comes to you "going a little too far with your worship" of metallica?

:P

The question is what do you do while looking at that poster :P

Archived