Worst person in the world to be right now

sscrunner06

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't blame Mitch Williams... There were a whole lot of variables in that situation.

Care to elaborate?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

He had been overpitched in the series, he had recieved death threats, he was up against Joe Carter, a potential hall of famer.

It is easy to blame Mitch Williams, but the whole team is to blame for not stepping it up.

The Blue Jays were a better team then, though...

Former, current and future people related to the Yankees and Dodgers. :D

HA HA HA HA!

I'm kidding...

Well... A-Rod sucks. Tommy Lasorda also sucks!

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

He had been overpitched in the series, he had recieved death threats, he was up against Joe Carter, a potential hall of famer.

It is easy to blame Mitch Williams, but the whole team is to blame for not stepping it up.

Well, he did throw a horrible pitch. I mean, yeah, if the Phillies would've played better, the situation would've been different. I see your point, but he threw a bad pitch, and they paid for it. His fault. I do agree that they were overmatched in that series though too.

Speaking on behalf of most Cubs fans, it sucks even more to be Steve Bartman now that it looks like it will be the White Sox, and not the Cubbies, as the team to finally win a World Series for for the city of Chicago.

Bartman, you b*tch!! :cursing:

6uXNWAo.png

Well, he did throw a horrible pitch. I mean, yeah, if the Phillies would've played better, the situation would've been different. I see your point, but he threw a bad pitch, and they paid for it. His fault. I do agree that they were overmatched in that series though too.

Dorkula, you were 6 when that series was played. Did you watch replays of every game?

Well, the Phillies players did step up and played right with the Jays. If Mitch doesn't blow the 15-14 game (yes, other pitchers didn't do well either, but he was a big part of Toronto's 6 run 8th) then the series is tied at 2, with Schilling starting the next game for the Phillies. It is impossible to know if he would still have thrown a shutout, but either way the Phillies would have to be favored in that situation.

Both teams had poor pitching in that series, but I think the teams were more evenly matched than what most people think. Players like Lenny Dykstra, Milt Thompson, Mariano Duncan, and John Kruk stepped up and played really well in the series.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 1 month later...

Archived