Detroit Red Wings concept

kroma

Hey guys! I,ve been posting my concepts for about a week, and what i've noticed is that most of you are verry concervative. Don't take it wrong, there's nothing bad about this, it's just that i think that this is the place to express our creativity by changing the actuals uniforms. Don't you think? In the meanwhile, i've create another uniform for the Red Wings, and i think this time i kept it concervative!

See 'ya

HOME

DETh.jpg

AWAY

DET.jpg:D

where did you get that template?

Beau concept pour les Wings. Je trouve les chiffres une peu gros mais c'est très bon. Très dynamique!

English, Please. [Mod edit: snip]

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Beau concept pour les Wings. Je trouve les chiffres une peu gros mais c'est très bon. Très dynamique!

If you're ignorant, you will be given ignorance

true..true

FishNChips_200.jpg

If you're ignorant, you will be given ignorance

true..true

Never said i was perfect. :P

sB9ijEj.png

no,but personal attacks arent the way of these boards....you may be one the original guys here,but that is no excuse for being a jerk....grow up...

Not a jerk, and there was no personal attack. I just don't dig on french being spoken on the boards. It's an english board. If my man wants to set up a French-language forum on here, i'd say Ask Chris and see if he can do that. It'd be great. But if you're gonna chill on the boards, speak in the language everyone else does. I know he's spoiled with all the racist language laws that Quebec has, but that's just too bad...

(p.s. ...yea, i am a jerk....)

sB9ijEj.png

Hello!! Please guys, we don't want to make a bebate here on the language, i want comments on MY CONCEPT please! Like it or not i don't care, it's your decision. Say it in english, french, spanish or chineese, I DON'T CARE, but give your toughts on the concept please!

Thank you!

Merci!

Gracia!

ksdy uhcvfj!

lol!!!!

Je ne parle pas francais!!

Good thing I do. This debate's way better that way. Since I'm from Jersey, I am also fluent in JQK. My translation services are available... <_<

Anyway, as for the concept (FINALLY!):

Not so bad. A couple of bones to pick with you, though...

1. White and cream in the same concept? Intentional or accidental? The logo is white, the team colors are white, but the panels under the arms aren't white. Looks noticeably wrong, and the colors are just similar enough that you need to go with one or the other.

2. Getting rid of the horizontal bar that borders the shoulder yoke across the chest and across the back of the shoulders would make your design both less forced and less cluttered. As it is now, that yoke border is very thick, and it makes it look like you ran out of room for the player name in the back.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

It's a bit too drastic of a change for me to like it. Granted, a Wings concept's gonna get more attention from me because I don't think any changes will upgrade their current sets. The number/name fonts aren't working for me. With the added stripes on the jersey, I feel like the traditional pants stripe should be there. I think if you kept along the same theme as what they have now, and keep the red jersey solid, with only white stripes on the sleeve, it'd look better. To rephrase that, take out the white sleeves on the red jersey, and just make the stripes white. 7-1!

You do some good work, but I've noticed that the player names are radial instead of arched (like every non-Braves baseball jersey), and the names are in Arial Black. Maybe you're going for that look, I dunno. But basically, the names in hockey are on an arched nameplate or straight across, whereas in baseball or basketball they are sewn on individually in a radial pattern. If you want this look but don't know how, use the WordArt feature in MS Word, set it to "Can Up" with an extra line and spaces, like so

(space)Yzerman(space)(return)

(space)

And then manipulate it from there and paste it in. As for typefaces sportier than Arial Black, eriqjaffe has given us basically every baseball, football, and hockey font to work with, from plain old block letters to not one but two Flames fonts. So if you want to pursue that, dig around for those threads. Just thought I'd point that out.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I hate the Red Wings, but I wouldn't touch their sweaters.

I guess they are touchable, since they've been tweaked here and there since the Gordie Howe days. Arched text only came about in the early 80s, and there was one year that thye had Times New Roman numbers. It looked weird.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived