Chicago Cubs Concept

SouthpawJosh

I really like the shadow effect of the letters and numbers on NFL jerseys (and some MLB jerseys) such as the 49ers and Dolphins. I also really hate the current Cubs alternate blue jersey. Here are my modifications; including a brighter blue (minus the blue alt; using the BP jersey blue).

HOME

ChiCubsHome.jpg

ROAD

ChiCubsRoad.jpg

BP/ALT - BLUE

ChiCubsAltBlue.jpg

ALT - RED

ChiCubsAltRed.jpg

* Credit to CCSLC's unis for templates.

Okay let's see

I know the effect you're going for with the numbers, but it just looks like half of the outline is thicker than the rest. I don't think baseball lends itself to New York Rangers numbers. Dunno about straight player names at home; if anyone goes that route, it should be the A's. White on blue on grey doesn't work, sorry. It feels uninspired, I guess, just using block.

And that BP script? I'm thinking White Sox. As a Cubs fan mired in this World Series of ours, that's the last thing I wanna think.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's all right. The lettering on the gray should be reverses, white with a blee drop shadow doesn't look good. Maybe keep it the same as the home with a blue with a red drop shadow.

The chicago script for the alt looks too simular to the rival White Sox. Maybe use the road Chicago script?

I basically agree with what everyone else has said, but would also add that you can't go with three different sleve patches. Two is pushing it as it is. Adding the throwback just muddles things too much. Either stick with the throwback, and dump the current walking bear, or dump the throwback...

Moose

Archived