Penn State's BCS Ranking

BBTV

So I overheard some guy shooting his mouth off the other day claiming that just prior to their loss at Michigan, Penn State was actually #1 in the BCS due to their schedule. I see this guy at work at the Linc every week, he is just extremly obnoxious and arrogant, anyway...

Any attempt to refute this was met with "just put your money on the table if you think you are right. I got $100 right here..." And "I know more about sports than anyone."

Granted, this clown also claims that NFL scouts told him he should try out, but he couldn't get days off from his job to join "the league." So they recommended that he try to get a job at the stadium so he can watch Brian Dawkins play and take notes. Right...

Anyway, I don't know much about college football, but PSU had a really easy early-season schedule, and could not possibly have been ranked ahead of USC or even probably in the top 5. Can anyone just confirm this for me? I'd love to be able to find some documentation that as of 10/14/2005 Penn State was NOT #1 in the BCS.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well, tell Mr. Know-It-All that no one was ranked #1 in the BCS on 10/14. The first poll wasn't released until 10/17 (after PSU has already lost) and USC was #1. I don't know if this really resolves anything, but here's your answer.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Granted, this clown also claims that NFL scouts told him he should try out, but he couldn't get days off from his job to join "the league."

Man sounds familiar too me. I've heard this kind of talk before. 90 mph Fastball also.

Yes, but he's from Philadelphia, therefore the person in question must be a guy who thinks that UT and USC BB&S.

Now, without further ado . . .

MODS . . .

Granted, this clown also claims that NFL scouts told him he should try out, but he couldn't get days off from his job to join "the league."

Man sounds familiar too me. I've heard this kind of talk before. 90 mph Fastball also.

Yes, but he's from Philadelphia, therefore the person in question must be a guy who thinks that UT and USC BB&S.

Now, without further ado . . .

MODS . . .

Argh. Well, he's not from my neighborhood (I hope.)

That would B.B.S. and S.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived