Rams got new pants

JQK

JQK, I was bitching, not about it effecting the outcome. But, it's worth mentioning that the outcome could have been different with that call. I'm not sticking to reffing as an excuse the way I did last year with the Giants, and that was a more than legit excuse last year. The Giants played alright. They are lucky they played the Rams in Week 1. When the O Line has gelled by Week 3, it'll be another story.

YH, don't be one of those fans. Warner has freakin terrible luck. Give him good circumstances and he does awesome. Bulger can fill in for Kurt next week and other times when necessary. However, he shouldn't start until Kurt retires. He is very good though. When Kurt is healthy behind a gelled and awesome line, he will prove all you naysayers wrong on route to another Super Bowl victory.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YH, don't be one of those fans. Warner has freakin terrible luck. Give him good circumstances and he does awesome. Bulger can fill in for Kurt next week and other times when necessary. However, he shouldn't start until Kurt retires. He is very good though. When Kurt is healthy behind a gelled and awesome line, he will prove all you naysayers wrong on route to another Super Bowl victory.

sniff It brings a tear to the eye. Thank you StL. Kurt deserves more respect than he's getting. Forget the 3 fumbles they lost, Kurt still threw for over 300 yards despite having an offensive line that was letting people threw faster than the turnstiles at Giants stadium.

I remember just a few years ago the only Ram I could name was "Iron Head" Heyward because of that soap commercial ("Hey Iron Head, aren't body washes for laaadieees?").

But I digress...

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

JQK, I was bitching, not about it effecting the outcome. But, it's worth mentioning that the outcome could have been different with that call. I'm not sticking to reffing as an excuse the way I did last year with the Giants, and that was a more than legit excuse last year. The Giants played alright. They are lucky they played the Rams in Week 1. When the O Line has gelled by Week 3, it'll be another story.

Maybe it's because i'm from the tri-state area.. but.... i stick to the pholosophy "what have you done for me lately?"

Warner, lately, has shown you 0-7, with terrible performances. Bulger has shown 6-1, with the same exact offense Warner was using. Now StL, you say once the line gels and Warner gets some good luck, he'll be ok. Well, it seems to me that line is fine when Bulger plays. Are you going to suggest that the O-Line has some kind of "Right-Tackle Conspiracy" against Kurt?

But really, all the problems stem from Martz. If Faulk touches that ball morethan 9 times in the game, Giants lose, period. Any team will lose if you just give Faulk the :censored:ing ball. Why does Martz just not get it?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

STL, don't get me wrong, I'm not one of "those kind of fans" - the unemployed, get-a-lifers that clog the KFNS phone lines all day blathering on in true reactionary fashion.  There has been a difference in Warner's scrambling ability and overall decisionmaking under pressure since his first injury last year.  It may be a subtle difference but in the NFL that's usually enough to knock a top-tier qb down a few pegs.  When I say he's damaged goods, I am not saying he is washed up, just that he needs to get things worked out in his body and his mind.  Until that time he is of marginal value to the Rams when a capable reserve qb might do a better job IF GIVEN THE CHANCE.  I am not blaming Warner alone as it's Martz who kept him in and also woefully underused Faulk in the game.  

But let's get to the common denominator that JQK identified earlier - can we all agree that it's great to have football back?  Win or lose, the NFL is still fun -- for now.

Warner is getting killed because other teams are not respecting the run.  Faulk needs the ball.  I don't think Warner is the problem.  He's getting knocked around too much to get into a groove.  Martz is to blame for this.  GET FAULK THE BALL!

Warner is getting killed because other teams are not respecting the run. Faulk needs the ball. I don't think Warner is the problem. He's getting knocked around too much to get into a groove. Martz is to blame for this. GET FAULK THE BALL!

Far be it from me to criticize a football coach, but Martz seems like a bit of a chump to me really!! I mean he has the most talented offense, certainly the most talented offensive backline, in the league 2 starting standard QBs and a capable enough defense. And what has Martz done with it? Not a whole lot! (Fair enough he has been to a superbowl other playoff runs but considering how much talent he has available to him!) The problem is he does just well enough to hang on to his job! Come the end of the year if he doesn't get the Rams deep into the playoffs the Rams ought to be lookinbg for someone else!

Do I get a prize for the first call for the coach to get sacked????

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

We tried Faulk. He got nothing. He would have continued to get nothing for the same reason Warner kept getting hit.

Conspiracy? No. However, check the facts. The line was injured for Warner. When Bulger came in week 6 though, the backups had gelled a bit. They played a bit better.The teams were easier for Bulger. Warner was hurt every game he played last year. And, no one else seems to remember that Bulger ended his season just like Warner. With a lose, and on the bench cuz of an injury.

For the record, I have nothing against Bulger. There is a little bit of an unfair grudge, but I don't like having it. It developed cuz of ignorant fans (not necessarily you...an oppinion is fine...some people give the oppinion and say other things to show they just jump on each winners bandwagon) saying Warner sucks start Bulger, and I strongly feel Warner is great. Oh, and he doesn't need good luck, just he needs to not have bad luck.

All this stuff is seriously pissing me off. I know that's not the intent, and perhaps I take it too seriously (I pretty much cry at every loss--its how I am--diehard), but I wouldn't trade how I feel about sports for not giving a darn or even just caring a little. If I can just take the anger now, I know I'll have the last laugh come Super Bowl Sunday.

me too, you know this STL.....we've had a good few brag sessions in our day :;): , but a point that was greatly proved and needs to be jammed in Martz's "genious" head is GIVE FAULK THE BALL!!!!!! i know they tried and were unsucessful, but you gotta keep at it or you arent gonna get anything, they seemed to keep trying with the passing game even though warner wasnt getting as much as he or anyone would have liked....now i rest

I know kurt has had a wonderful past, but you know that poetically, someone who comes onto the scene fast will probably go out just as suddenly.

Dont forget whom the PLAYERS voted the team mvp last year: Marc Bulger.  You need to be extremely sure of yourself sending in someone else other than who the players feel is the best to go into battle with.  I think martz is close to losing his teams support, and when that happens, he loses his job.

But its not too late, a big win sunday silences everyone.

I am by no means bashing Warner.  I think they can take Warner for granted some times.  Bottom line is Warner, when healthy, is the best QB in the league.  It's just that when you're only giving Faulk the ball 9 times, the other team starts to through in a few more DB's.  Of course very few QB's are going to know what to do when all of their receivers are double teamed.  Another problem is, right now alot of these guys want to see Bulger in there.  There is a psychological edge right now in favor of Bulger.  I sat here and agonized over the same things with Brady-Bledsoe.

Maybe there is a reason that Warner was packing groceries rather than in the NFL, and maybe that is something to do with why he is injured as often as he is? Seems maybe its time to take a punt on Bulger for a bit, while Warner is still there as a possible back up? with all the talent at St Louis they really ought to be winning somehow mosty weeks!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Warner gets a lot of injuries, but I think it's more bad luck than anything else. There's no real way you can say he gets injured easier. I do know the Giants were trying to injure him, and they did good. I'm not saying it was dirty necessarily, cuz they were just doing what they were allowed, but they were hitting him and twisting his legs way late.

I think if you look at the Brady-Bledsoe thing it's prove right there to stick with the proven one. Warner-Green was different. Green was good, and had a good preseason, but Green never proved himself the way Bledsoe did when he was hurt. However, Bulger-Warner is similar. But, I'd say Buffalo now has a QB edge over New England.

Hey nowe STL, just because a team plays tough defense and bangs around your fragile little quarterback, doesn't mean they're trying to injure him. I hate crap like this. Like when Mike Vick claimed the Bears were trying to injure him last year, just cause he had a plopty game. Gimme a friggin break. It's the NFL. Plus, you keep saying how Warner is great when he's healthy and behind an aweosme line. Well isn't that any QB in the league? Heck, I'm sure Kordell could've done great behind a solid line, but he threw 3 interceptions and was running for his life every play. And don't the Giants have a worse line than the Rams too? You can't keep making excuses for the guy, not that you are, because he may have had 2 or 3 good years, but just because he won the super bowl, doesn't mean he should be the unquestioned starter, especially when they have another starting QB as a backup. And look at the supporting cast he had during the super bowl years. Great QB's can find ways to win even when they have a lousy supporting cast; think Favre or McNabb maybe. Anyway, I know it must be frustrating for you, all I'm saying is the guy shouldn't keep gettiung a free pass because of what he did 4 years ago. If he was on any other team, he'd be riding the bench all year. And back to topic, hasn't anyone noticed those stupid pants are exact Patriot rip-offs? They look like they should go with a jersey that has a side stripe, which they got rid of. They're still better than the solid gold ones though I guess. For the road I mean, NOT at home!

I do know the Giants were trying to injure him, and they did good.

THat's the job of the Defense, to knock the :censored: outta the other teams players, especially the quarterback. I don't blame the Giants for doing their job, i blame the Rams O-Line for not doingtheir job and Marts for Not taking Warner out of the game. And since he left him in the game, and he knew he wasn't up to snuff, why not give the ball to Faulk?

All blame goes on the Rams for screwing up, not on the Giants for doing their job.

(Just imagin how Quincy Carter is gonna feel on Monday night... hehehehehehe)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I do know the Giants were trying to injure him, and they did good.

THat's the job of the Defense, to knock the s*** outta the other teams players, especially the quarterback. I don't blame the Giants for doing their job, i blame the Rams O-Line for not doing their job

Yes, but from what I saw, a lot was after the whistle stuff and that's just dirty. I know in football it's all about what you can get away with, and I'm sure every team has done it in the past, but I don't like it regardless. If my teams (StL and Den for those who don't know) did it, I'd be equally as disappointed in the unprofessionality of them (goodness knows I was glad the Broncos got rid of Romo when they did... great player, but seriously twisted). I say play hard, play nasty, and play rough, but when the whistle blows, have some integrity and save it for the next play.

I thoroughly agree with the O-Line and Martz points. Personally I think we're looking far too much into one game. It's the first game of the year for goodness sakes. If at the end of the year, Kurt's had 3 more injuries, thrown for 1000 yards total, lost 20 fumbles, and thrown for two times as many picks as TDs... yeah, sure, start Bulger. But first let Warner have a fair shot at playing when he's healthy and the O-Line is on the same page.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I have an insider with the Rams. Sorta. I go to school with Special Teams coach Bobby April's daughter, and we both agree on how sucky the pants are, so I told her to tell him they should never where them again.

And yeah, they did what they could, and it is their job to hit the QB. But like me and SyPhi both said, the a lot of that stuff was late and that's bad whether or not the refs let it go. I agree with the OLine point to though.

Archived