Rams got new pants

JQK

If Martz starts Warner, like you expect him to, then you're gonna be 1-1 in NFC West play. A mark that, by all means, should be 0-2 if not for a stupid mistake by a greedy player who admitted to 'thinking endzone' instead of the obviously better choice of going down

I disagree somewhat on that point. Yes had cedric wilson did the right thing and ate it to get the field goal unit out there, it very well could have been a different result. however even if he did it would have been at least a 38 yard field goal if my memory serves me correctly (I had to get that in)

and Im sure the other 49ers fans would agree with me on this, that a mid-to-long range field goal for jeff chandler is by no means a slam dunk. he very well and most likely would have missed it, resulting in the inevitable OT which it ended up going to anyways

in all though, it was a very sloppily, unfundamentaly sound game on both teams parts. too many penalites and too many dropped passes. it was definitly a lucky win for the rams, but if the role was reversed it would have also been a lucky win for the 49ers.

Way to go Shark. I couldn't agree more on that recap. Also other mistakes were made. For instances if young Fischer catches the interception and then thinks endzone, the game doesn't even go to OT. And the niner WR could have gone down, but the Rams didn't have to hit him to stop the play...either way as you said sloppy play, and the winner was gonna be lucky either way.

Also it worked out for me today, but I hate NFL OT rules. I would like to see something similar to college. Most rules you can say well that's dumb but at least it is even for both teams. However, OT is a different story.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but the Rams DB was right behind Wilson, running at full speed.  It would've taken an amazing effort to avoid Wilson if he had taken a knee.  And the Fischer INT drop is a totally different story. It's difficult for me to describe why, but players play within the limitations that are their ability, focus, and awareness.

If noone ever made mistakes like that, football would be a pretty boring sport to watch, and Garcia would've never have thrown that ball.  Fundamental mistakes, like a missed catch or a bad pass are one thing.  But mental mistakes, and doing things players KNOW they shouldn't do, and have probably practiced, and have been preached about, and more importantly, being greedy, are a totally different.  There is no excuse why an NFL player wouldn't know what to do in that situation that Cedrick Wilson was in, especially when his teammates are screaming at him to do the opposite of what he did.  Not to mention, Wilson could've taken a second or two to get to the sideline if he wouldn't have been touched by downing it.

2 Minute Drills are a routine part of football practices at any level, and players are expected to know what to do.

And while not guarenteed by any means, a 38 yard field goal is within range of Jeff Chandler.

But on a sidenote, as a 49ers fan... I'd rather have Jeff Chandler in that situation over Jose Cortez any day of the week... but especially Sunday.  :;):

IUe6Hvh.png

In response to the Warner-Bulger debate, it is my great displeasure to announce that a jazz radio station in Winnipeg (my brother listens) announced that Bulger (they pronounced it Bulger as in 'growl') will get the start this week. This, combined with the Jake Plummer and Clinton Portis injuries (although both are expected to practice by Wednesday), does not bode well for the Winnipeg Wildfire.

Sorry for keeping this thread so off-topic... in other news... the Rams pants this week:

img6641500.jpgWilkins_Kick_200_35163.jpg

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

The gold pants are definitely better with the blue jerseys.

Didn't they used to have a stripe that ran down the sides of their jerseys, or am I hallucinating?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Warner will be back. I don't know when, but the better QB should be the starter. Therfore, Warner will be back.

I always will support every member of my team, but here's a quick recap of things.

Warner throws for over 300 yds against a good NYG defense who knows all they are doing is passing. The game was in NY. Warner has a concussion for almost the whole game. No run game is ever implemented.

Bulger does not throw for over 300 yds against a fair SF49 defense. The game was at home. Bulgers throws are far from accurate. In fact, it takes a diving parallel to the ground, one handed catch by Holt, while draggin his for Bulger to get his first TD pass. Holt had a 10 yd box of wide openess though. Bulger has a darn good second half, but the Rams established a running game big time, which was the reason.

Martz announces Bulger will start next week.

Point is, Bulger was unimpressive, as was Warner, but there is no reason to believe Bulger is better. He had better play calling and every other advantage. Martz gave him a big one with playcalling though.

I will support Martz, I will support Bulger, I will support Warner, and most of all I will support the Rams.

By week 5, if not sooner, Warner will once again be the Rams starter.

On another note,...

The Rams had the Ram head logo at centerfield. This may have been there in preseason, but this is the first time I have noticed it. I am pretty sure it's the first year it's been used there. Every other year, no matter what the colors, the helmet has been at the 50.

I hate NFL OT rules. I would like to see something similar to college. Most rules you can say well that's dumb but at least it is even for both teams. However, OT is a different story.

College OT is retarded...

In the NFL, you have to earn your victory. If your defense holds, you can get the ball and try to win the game. If your defense dosn't hold, you don't deserve to win anyways.. the OT system in the NFL is fine, don't touch it....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Since when is that a good New York Giants defense?  I hate to break it to you, but a healthy 49ers defense is better than the New York Giants defense.  The Giants have a good pass rush, and that's it... and that is neutralized by the highest paid, and probably best O-Line's in the NFL.

And on the subject of the mediocre Giants defense... since when is it such a big prize to throw for 300+ yards on them?  Well, I guess we should start saving a spot in the Hall of Fame for Quincy Carter.

IUe6Hvh.png

Since when is that a good New York Giants defense? I hate to break it to you, but a healthy 49ers defense is better than the New York Giants defense. The Giants have a good pass rush, and that's it... and that is neutralized by the highest paid, and probably best O-Line's in the NFL.

And on the subject of the mediocre Giants defense... since when is it such a big prize to throw for 300+ yards on them? Well, I guess we should start saving a spot in the Hall of Fame for Quincy Carter.

The Giants defense has always been their hallmark... and this year they do have a good defense... but.... the Giants never play well on Monday nights.. never have.. it's like out Curse of the Bambino..... We just didn't come to play, and Dallas did.... that simple....

And what the hell does that have to do with OT anyways?!?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

My comment was in reference to STL's.  And Quincy Carter, who has pretty much been labeled as a bust,  tearing up a defense with a running back who averages just over 2 yards a carry doesn't say much about a teams defense.

On the subject of OT... I'm torn between the two concepts of Overtime.  But ultimately, I say that the NFL overtime system is fine.  While the NCAA's system may work for them, the NFL's system seems to work good enough.

IUe6Hvh.png

IMHO -

Overtime in the NFL is typically the result of one of the teams making a really dumb mistake and allowing the other back in the game.

Now and again a defensive struggle cannot be decided in regulation.  Even rarer is the defenseless, lets match TDs all day game.  Usually, its something like Monday night where a team allows a good kickoff return or a pass interference or something.  If you can't close out a victory (and this is no rip on NYG or anyone else) you kind of deserve the randomness of OT.

Secondly, a FG is not a given.  Defenses spend the whole night forcing 3 n outs.  Its perfectly reasonable to say the team that wins might have to force a punt to do so.  To adopt the NCAA version, eliminates the term sudden death and most of the tension of an OT game.

again, just MHO.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

To adopt the NCAA version, eliminates the term sudden death and most of the tension of an OT game.

again, just MHO.

No tension in a collegiate OT game?  Are you kidding me???!!!  Have YOU ever tried to get out of a packed parking lot at the end of the game because  nobody left until the very end?  If that's not tension, I don't know what is! :D

Its always struck me as weird that you yanks are so affraid of ties. Whats wrong with saying neither side could force a win so its a draw? And a similar arguement IMO goes for overtime. If you  couldn't win it in regulation stop griping about losing it in OT.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Its always struck me as weird that you yanks are so affraid of ties. Whats wrong with saying neither side could force a win so its a draw? And a similar arguement IMO goes for overtime. If you couldn't win it in regulation stop griping about losing it in OT.

over here, we have a saying.  

a tie is like kissing your sister.
also, ties used to be real common in teh NFL, it was a rarity for a team to go through a season without a tie...now, ties are about as common as the AZ Cardinals having a winning season.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 1 month later...
I'm surprised nobody has brought this up yet.  The Rams wore their "regular" solid gold pants in Pittsburgh yesterday, the first time they have worn them on the road this year.  Seeing as how they got their first road win in ten attempts while wearing them, I wouldn't expect to see the blue drawers back anytime soon (even though 7 of the prior 9 road losses were also in the gold pants).

Archived