Coloring help needed

JamieRose

I need help, i see all these style concepts, and i was just wondering how to go about coloring them, since they have shadows. I know one way, but it takes a while and its impossible to do the numbers (filling the light and shadow individually. If there's an easier way, please tell me. I use Photoshop CS and MS Paint. I have illustrator CS, but i don't really know how to use it.

If you dont know what i'm talking about, here's an example...

fballtemp2.jpg

TDZiMMB.png

In order to achieve the results you've seen elsewhere on this board, you have to do your colour treatments in Illustrator. The Illustrator postscript templates are layered, with the shadow elements on a separate layer (or at least discrete elements which can be placed above others in a single layer stack). When you place the eps template into a paint program, it is flattened into a single image and the shadow elements are merged with the shape outlines. Experiment in Illustrator, it's worth your while and the results will far surpass whatever workarounds you can settle for in your bitmap paint applications.

On MS Paint/Illustrator, this is what I do:

When you are colouring in a certian colour, drop the brightness of the colour by 10/20 (depending on the brightness of the colour), then colour in the shadows.

• 2 weeks later...

In Paint, I do the CTRL-A on an existing GIF and then save into a new file. How do I then save the new one (as a GIF) without getting the "...could result in a loss of color" warning?

More often than not, I'm just trying to re-color the background in order to then make it transparent for other uses.

Thanks.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Archived