looking for specific Greenbay Packer photo

Dizzystars1174

In 1968, Jack Layland signed a contract with the Green Bay Packers of the NFL, but was unable to play that year because of a leg injury. In 1969, Jack was once again signed by the Packers, but during his pre-season physical it was discovered that he had heart disease.

^The above information was taken from the University of Pacific Hall of fame and is in no way my own statement, the author is unknown but affiliated with UOP.

I was curious if anyone might know where I might find a pic of this player or perhaps a card with stats and a pic...

In 1968, Jack Layland signed a contract with the Green Bay Packers of the NFL, but was unable to play that year because of a leg injury. In 1969, Jack was once again signed by the Packers, but during his pre-season physical it was discovered that he had heart disease.

^The above information was taken from the University of Pacific Hall of fame and is in no way my own statement, the author is unknown but affiliated with UOP.

I was curious if anyone might know where I might find a pic of this player or perhaps a card with stats and a pic...

Since he never appeared in a game with the Packers, he is not listed on their all time roster (available at Packers.com). Given that, I'd say that there's no way you'd find a card or "stats", since he'd have none.

I'll check my yearbooks at home tonight to see if there's anything. At best, he'd be a line of type under "Rookies and First Year Men" (Yes, that's how they were listed back then).

It's where I sit.

I don't know if Dizzystars will ever return looking for this answer, but Jack Leyland is listed as a rookie in the 1968 Packer Yearbook. Flanker/halfback, 5'11", 210 lbs. He's a free agent out of Contra Costa JC.

In the 1969 Packer Yearbook, he's listed as a rookie (at least he made the depth chart, albeit 6th at halfback) -- Jack Layland, RB from the University of Pacific. He isn't listed as having scored in the pre-season in 1968 (nor in 1969 according to the 1970 Yearbook).

It's where I sit.

Archived