Iron crossover x!

IronChefShark

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fukui: well our chairman has announced that the final gong will be sounded in approximately 20 minutes. It appears this battle has lost some steam after being extended twice

doc hattori: yes most definitly. I feel it has a lot to do with timing seeing as how school started and with the NFL starting and NHL about to start everyone is also pre-occupied with thier websites and thier fantasy leagues. just luck of the draw I guess

fukui: nonetheless the few entries that were submitted are very well done indeed and as true to the chairman's prediction, each has its own flavor and style

krukow: yeah I like the route that Jkrdevil took. sometimes you can catch your opponent off guard with a changeup and his utilization of turquoise as the primary color definitly qualifies as a changeup. Gamer!

doc hattori: well GMac and Evan cant be overlooked either with thier approaches. Evan used the primary set of purple and off white but went against the grain by not using the zig-zag pattern that the DBacks have become known for. As did GMac however he chose to use black as the dominant color for his.

fukui: lets go to our sideline reporters...

ohta: fukui-san!

fukui: go!

ohta: yes it does appear that Jkrdevil is not only going with the dominant turquoise scheme but also with traditional block numbers rather then the stylized font.

lisa guererro: fukui-san I just got word that saintsfan has chosen to go with a snake head logo edit that replaces the baseball with a football! I tried to get further comment but, he and his sniveling assistant couldnt stop staring at my chest!

mean gene okerlund: here in the Roger Clemente camp much talk has been made of his sparing use of turquoise but like Mike Krukow mentioned, the turquoise is there indeed! However it seems that this crowd here chanting "Time?" over and over has really come alive after seeing the D logo edit in which Roger has actually put a football helmet on the snake! Good lord thats a bold move! Be sure to call your cable company so that you dont get left out of this exclusive pay per view event!

fukui: uh, gene....this battle isnt on pay per view

mean gene okerlund: hey dont steal my thunder short stuff! Im in good with Hulk Hogan and the Nature Boy himself!

krukow: huh huh

doc hattori: one thing I would like to point out is that while sabres and saintsfan have utilized copper pants, Im surprised nobody else has tried to go this direction

krukow: absolutely. I was expecting to see a copper helmet of two, but nonetheless the ones we have here are gamers!

fukui: stay tuned for the final second of this one and the voting!

fukui: this tenth battle here in Crossover Stadium some may say didnt live up to expectations with many would be combatants pressed for time and other responsibilities, but those who entered didnt disappoint one bit. final seconds of this one ticking down and....

GONG!

Thats it! the designing is done! the Arizona Diamondbacks football battle is.....

O-VAH!!!!

krukow: whew.....about time! this was beginning to feel like a game at Coors Field!

Saintsfan: Any post today snivelling assistant?

Assistant: Um... er... no master

Saintsfan: Whats that bit of paper in your hand?

Assistant: Er, nothing master.

Saintsfan:Let me see.... Why its a lawsuit from Lisa Guerrero, for 'sexual misconduct' what have you been upto?

Assistant: Er nothing master, I just asked if she had any melons as I was hungry!!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

fukui: we are approaching the last 30 minutes of voting in this Arizona Diamondbacks football battle, thus far Evan has the lead with eight votes with Sabres7200 in second at four and roger clemente in third with two!

doc hattori: well a lot can happen within the next half hour, should be interesting to see what happens

krukow: I cant help but notice the die hards in the Roger Clemente corner. they havent stopped shouting "TIME?" since the final gong was sounded! GAMERS!!

ohta: fukui-san!

fukui: go!

ohta: I have gotten word from the chairman that when this battle is decided he is gonna make an announcement concerning the future of Iron Crossover

doc hattori: you know fukui-san if youre gonna be out of work I think I have a place for you at the nutrition college!

fukui: no thanks doc, like krukow-san here I still have lots of baseball to broadcast!

krukow: atta babe! october is almost here and I say the Giants are gonna take it!

doc hattori: the giants? but they havent been the same since losing hideki matsui!

krukow: not those giants, meat! the ones from san francisco!

fukui: lets send it to mean gene...

mean gene okerlund: folks we are under 30 minutes before the voting closes. be sure you get to page 3 of the forum and find the poll if you havent voted allready! Every vote is critical make your voice be heard!

***JUDGEMENT***

Our milestone tenth battle started with much hype, but was a victim of ill timing. Quite a few potential combatants were prevented from entering this battle for reasons ranging from school to website production. No matter, the show went on.

now...the verdict....

fukui: much like many super bowls in the past our milestone tenth battle here in crossover stadium didnt live up to expectations. but we will not let that dampen our spirits! Six designers still stepped up to the plate in this Arizona Diamondbacks football battle...now, who takes it? WHOSE CONCEPT REIGNS SUPREME!!!!

Evan!!!

fukui: and we end up with another multiple time winner! Evan comes out on top in this battle! Congratulations to all who entered but especially to you Evan! Your Arizona Diamondbacks football crossover was voted the best!

krukow: wow this is so bitchin!!!

fukui: ohta you down there?

ohta: yes fukui-san Im awaiting comment from the winner of this battle, but I cant seem to figure out where lisa guerrero has gone?

fukui: what? lisa left?

doc hattori: uh....I saw her sneaking out the back with mean gene

krukow: NO WAY!!! Sorry Ohta, but thats IN YOUR FACE, MEAT!

fukui: now that the battle is over we are awaiting the announcement from chairman SHB...

chairman SHB steps up to his podium, and begins to address those in attendance

First off, I would like to say thank you to all those who made Iron Crossover a success. I started these battles as a way to get the quality designers of this board put to use thier individual ideas of how they would cross an idenitity over to a different sport, and then compare it to the others to see who comes out on top. Many different ideas were presented, and many new enthusiasts were made. Particulary one with a sniveling assistant.

However I feel now is the time to temporarily close Crossover Stadium. When we will re-open our doors will be determined by you, the users of CCSLP. If I recieve enough feedback in favor of re-opening Crossover Stadium, so the Iron Crossover battles could continue on, then I will listen. However for now I feel we need to close, to give Iron Crossover a time to refresh itself. That way when it returns its met with the enthusiasm it was at its beginning. After all, if there is anything I have learned from the Chris Creamer Sports Logos Page forum, its that the best things are kept intact, but refreshed and kept new.

So until next time.....good night from Crossover Stadium.....

Iron Crossover Circle of Champions

battle I: Cincinnati Reds football - 49erfan15

battle II: Minnesota Vikings hockey - Moser316

battle III: St. Louis Blues basketball - STLFanatic and Mockba

battle IV: Miami Dolphins baseball - Puckguy14

battle V: Oakland Athletics hockey - Sabres7200

battle VI: Detroit Pistons football - 49erfan15

battle VII: Calgary Flames baseball - Sabres7200

battle VIII: Washington Redskins basketball - Evan

battle IX: Toronto Raptors hockey - SyPhi

battle X: Arizona Diamondbacks football - Evan

Archived