Puckguy challenge...

Puckguy14

A unique challenge for all of you guys. I'm in the final stages of my San Jose Sharks site, the Teal Town Zone. One slight problem. The wallpapers I had up on the site, are of players who don't play with the team anymore. So I come to my friends of the boards, to come up with Sharks wallpapers. No joke ones, I really mean it. Here are the rules:

Wallpapers are to be either 800x600 or 1024x768 (you know the basic sizes.

All WP's are to be in close or dead on to the team's official colors Deep Pacific Teal, Black, Shimmering Grey, and Burnt Orange.

Gotta have the logo of the Sharks or of my site or both.

That's it! Now, get movin'! :D:):D:P

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know 95% of these guys dont get involved on actual projects, only fictitious stuff that they can all sit around and pat one another on the back for.

Well, glad to have you here, too.  Thanks for being such a good influence on us lazy, ignorant people.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Yeah no problem guy......

Perhaps you missed the point of my post......

I have seen people post up legitimate and actual challenges and projects and no one gets involved, but as soon as their is an opportunity to redesign the Tampa Bay Lighting Logo for the 150th time, everyone jumps all over that.....

The only way people will ever grow and become better as designers is to take on and try something new....

Sitting around doing the same thing over and over again will only allow people to become stagnent and as you said LAZY!

I have seen people post up legitimate and actual challenges and projects and no one gets involved, but as soon as their is an opportunity to redesign the Tampa Bay Lighting Logo for the 150th time, everyone jumps all over that.....

...or jump at the opportunity to stroke the ego of... wait, I'm supposed to be nice. :D

Anyway, there really haven't been alot of real-life shots we've gotten here. Only two that come to mind recently are the Moose and CMFL. Other than that, we're stuck with the "fake" stuff--fantasy league logos, pro league pipe dream concepts.

So, yeah, this is a cool idea. If I get some time I might try to work on it. Though, I do have a couple websites I'm doing work on at the moment, besides my job and other stuff, so we'll have to see.

Sorry if I snapped a bit, but group chidings like that (among other things) do annoy me a bit. I'm human, and irritable.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

If I get some time I might try to work on it. Though, I do have a couple websites I'm doing work on at the moment, besides my job and other stuff, so we'll have to see.

That's my position on this, too. I've got to spend some time remaking the really bad wallpapers on my site, and if I can move on to TTZ after that I will.

Do you want actual player photos used or EA screenshots?

Not to hijack the thread completely, but if anyone wants to do this for my Wings site, PM or email me.

All WP's are to be in close or dead on to the team's official colors Deep Pacific Teal, Black, Shimmering Grey, and Burnt Orange.

What are the RGB, CMYK or PMS colors for your site?

Gotta have the logo of the Sharks or of my site or both.

When can we get vector images of your site logo to use?

Thanks.

Whatcha gonna do when the Ultimate MegaPowers run wild over you!

UMPPrimarySig.jpgUMPWarriorSig.jpgUMPAltSig.jpg

Color values for the Sharks:

Deep Pacific Teal (Pantone 315C)

R-0

G-102

B-131

Shimmering Grey (Pantone 442C)

R-178

G-183

B-187

Burnt Orange (on the stick, Pantone ???C)

R-203

G-117

B-59

You guys know how to get black.  As for the logos, no vector ones, but I have large ones.

I'll get those up in a few minutes.  If you do a player WP, either a decent pic of the player in a Sharks uniform or from one of the computer games, again, the player must in the uniform in Team Teal.

Here's what you can use:

Main Sharks logo

http://members.aol.com/Puckguy14/TTZ-sharks1.gif

Secondary Logo

http://members.aol.com/Puckguy14/TTZ-sharks2.gif

Teal Town Zone - 5th Anniversary (for light backgrounds)

http://members.aol.com/Puckguy14/TTZ-5thWhite.gif

Teal Town Zone - 5th Anniversary (for dark backgrounds)

http://members.aol.com/Puckguy14/TTZ-5thTeal.gif

The rest, is up to you

I would take part in this however I work with PSP7 and have yet to master the vector tools.

for something like this only the best concepts will do, and although I am confident I can produce something worthy, I doubt I could get it clean enough to my personal satisfaction

one more thing, since when did burnt orange become a sharks color?  ???

(yeah I know, its in the stick. but come on, thats not enough to call it an official color!)

SHB, burnt orange became an official color in 1998-99 when the new unis came out.  I don't want orange wallpapers though, I posted that just in case.  I got raster logos linked on here so no excuse.  If you got the vector, more power to ya.

i just dont see why its necessary to list a color that only appears as the stick on the logo as an official color. as far as im concerned, the official colors are deep pacific teal, shimmering gray, and black. THATS IT.

its like the KC royals argument. so the crown in the logo is gold. so what. its not nor should it be considered an official team color

well I take back my latter post, as I have allready sent in a Vinny Damphousse wallpaper to Puck.

I plan to maybe contribute two or three more to this, one of which WAS gonna be Mike "The Noble Savage" Ricci, but sabres7200 (because there are two of ya here now) allready claimed it!  :angry:  :;):

Archived