WVU New Uniform

rynoz10

I am a WVU fan and season ticket holder and I thought I would try to redesign WVU's football jerseys. I know that the jerseys are similar to USC in style, but there are few, if any teams that wear blue and gold in that format. I also added a gold jersey because some fans on the WVU site were requesting one. I am not satisfied with that one yet. Anyway, I thought I would share this with you guys, since you do a good job of C&C. Thanks in advance!

WVU_FB_UNIS.jpg

I like your #1 versions best of all. Very modern looking without the stupid and arbitrary piping that is a staple of Nike lately. Much better choice of font that the currents as well.

I think the stripe you have on the pants would work better if it continued up under the arm. Maybe a side panel with thin yellow/gold outlines, this way you would notice the blue side panel on the blue jersey, as well as the white one. (similar to the Patriots' blue sidepanels with thin red pinstripe outlines). The yellow outlines would be a nice attempt at continuity without being blatantly noticeable.

I'd make the nameplate lettering on the white jersey blue. It stands out a little more. And if you add a yellow outline around the numbers, you wouldn't have to put it in the lettering just to add some more yellow to that uniform.

I'm not a fan of the yellow jersey with white sleeves. It just loks weird to me, and doesn't seem to go well with the other two.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Overall, I like what you've done...blue and yellow is one of my favorite combos, so all of them look decent to me. To pick one of each, I like the Home #1, Away #2, and I guess the first Alt, but I think an all yellow would look awesome. The only things I don't really like are the white sleeves on the yellow jersey. Other than that though, this is one solid concept. I like it a lot. Let's go Pitt. :D

Awesome work, dude. A major improvement over the garbage they're wearing now.

One thing I would suggest is to trim down the number of combos. It's a college team; they shouldn't need 3 pairs of pants and 3 jerseys.

You could probably get away with just the navy and white jerseys (I like the gold, but not for the field - though it'd sell great as a fashion jersey), and the gold and navy pants. That way, you have the ability to go all-navy monochrome (which I don't like, but some people seem to like monochromes), and the white jerseys would always have one of the primary school colors paired with them.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Great work, but alternate uniform 1 and 2 would never work.

If they wear ALT 1, what choice does this leave the other team? If they other team wears a white top? It looks too similar to the yellow top. If they wear a dark top, it looks too similar to a slightly dark top and dark pants on the WVU side.

Teams should only have 2 uniforms, and uniforms should never be yellow or black/white striped.

I feel like with all these new crazy combos, it would be hard to tell who is on what team at a quick glance on the field.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I did some revisions based on some of the C&C. Thanks to all.

I outlined the blue numbers with gold.

Added striping up the side of the jerseys

Took off the white sleeves on the gold jersey

and eliminated the Blue with white pants option and the White with blue pants option and also the gold with white pants option.

WVU_FOOTBALL2.gif

Archived