Important Q about Photoshop and Illustrator

StPatty33

Hey guys, I was wondering if you know if you can set up Photoshop (CS or CS2) and/or Illustrator CS2 to load fonts from a separate folder than the default windows font folder. I have more than 600 fonts loaded up in my computer and I think it's starting to bog down my gaming a bit. I'd like to unload about 500 of them, save them in a different folder, and still be able to use them in my graphic programs.

Any help would be much appreciated... I just got City of Villains and need to trim some of my excess RAM usage!

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

You should pick up a font manager program like Extensis Suitcase. That will allow you to temperarily load fonts for different projects.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I had the same problem at work where I had so many fonts. I downloaded a trial version of Extensis Suitcase which allows you to have fonts set in another folder, and then activate or deactivate them if you need them or not.

However, I'm not aware of a free font manager that would do the same trick.

I've also downloaded Adobe Type Manager Lite, which is good to have your fonts set up in another folder, but I'm not sure if it allows you to activate fonts when you want them.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived