Chase for AstroBowl II

TBGKon

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QF,

First off kudos on the response; it was presented in the same way my original post was - without getting all emotional over things, something that happens far too infrequently around here (and a key reason why I don't normally respond).

I wasn't aware of the parameters of the contest really, but assumed it was the typical "create a new identity for..." type thing. I can agree with you that the Bandits look is virtually timeless, though knowing principal owner John Bassett as a kid (my uncle was one of about 100 limited partners in the team), 'conservative' is not a term I'd use with respect to the Bandits. :)

To my mind though, none of the designs really said "USFL 2005" to me as much as they did "XFL" or "NCAA" circa 2005. That doesn't make them good or bad (I think they were all unique concepts), just not that I personally would envision the teams decked out in today.

nav-logo.png

Hey guys, something came up and I am going to have to end voting as of this post, sorry if this bothers any of you, but I am not feeling too well and have a doctors appt. at 1:15. I will tabulate the votes now and post once I am finished.

FINAL RESULTS

In a final surge of voting the results are as follows:

New Jersey - 46

Denver - 39

Birmingham - 37

Arizona - 35

Tampa Bay - 28

Oakland - 19

The winner of AstroBowl II is gregjigga5 with his New Jersey Generals concept. Thanks go out to all who entered and special thanks to all voting members. I look forward to seeing you all for AstroBowl III, which as of now is TBA.

gregjigga5, If you want a championship sig, please PM me.

Archived