Padres Get Vinny Castilla

amare32

Let the baseball silly season commence!

As for this trade...advantage: Nats. Lawrence isn't the greatest of pitchers, and the Pads had a glaring hole at 3rd (seeing they feel that Burroughs isn't the answer and they went out and got Joe "The Joker" Randa before the deadline and all), but I don't like this trade at all from the Pads standpoint...smacks of a panic move, IMO.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

The Jays also made a move in trying to get A.J. Burnett to come north as AJ,Roy Halladay, and Jays pitching coach Brad Arnsberg were all at the Raptors game the other night. Burnett said "I want to go somewhere where the fans want to win as much as I want to win and the club wants to win as much as I want to win, and they've showed me that so far."

8prlQWA.png

Castilla posted .253/.319/.403 in 494 AB. That's horrific. If Lawrence is breathing when he lands in Washington, he's worth considerably more than Vinny C.

I swear, I could clean up if I were a GM. I don't know why one of these owners doesn't hire me. :D

Anyone wanna explain to me why Kevin Towers would give up young pitching AND cash for a third baseman with MAYBE two years left in hm?

He must be trying to screw the Padres on his way out...lol

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The Jays also made a move in trying to get A.J. Burnett to come north as AJ,Roy Halladay, and Jays pitching coach Brad Arnsberg were all at the Raptors game the other night. Burnett said "I want to go somewhere where the fans want to win as much as I want to win and the club wants to win as much as I want to win, and they've showed me that so far."

B.J. Ryan is coming to town later this week and apparently Brian Giles is heading here after his trip to Hawaii

B.J. Ryan on the Blue Jays... c'mon

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived