2003-04 nhl uniform patches

spyboy1

Does anyone know of any teams that will be wearing commemorative, inaugural or memorial patches on their jerseys this year?

I assume that the Minnesota Wild will be wearing their first ever jersey patch because they are hosting the All-Star game this year.

Are their any teams with siginificant anniversaries this season?

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

didn't the Wild wear a patch for their inaugural season?

Actually, I don't believe they ever wore the inaugural season logo as a patch.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

didn't the Wild wear a patch for their inaugural season?

Columbus wore one, but the Wild did not.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

The Senators are wearing a Roger Neilson memorial patch this season.  No word on what it looks like yet, but they are wearing it.

The Capitals are wearing their 30th Anniversary logo on their helmets, but I guess that doesn't count as a patch.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Will the other WHA teams?

Even though they moved, it's still the 25th year of the organization.

Heh, a Nordiques patch on the Avs jerseys...Jets on the Coyotes...Whalers on the 'Canes...

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

The Senators are wearing a Roger Neilson memorial patch this season. No word on what it looks like yet, but they are wearing it.

What about the Blues, Panthers, Rangers, 'Nucks or Flyers?  He had just as substantial if not more substantial connections to each of those teams.  Although I have heard nothing official, I would have to believe that the Blues will do something to memorialize Coach Neilson - a banner or a single game patch, or something.

"The logo, which will be donned on the team's jerseys this season, is a significant piece of a year long campaign designed to reward fans while recognizing the significance of the team's fifth year in the National Hockey League."

Call me cynical, but five years in a pro sporting team's life is really only significant if you weren't expecting to be around that long. Smells like an exercise in desperation marketing to me...

The Senators are wearing a Roger Neilson memorial patch this season.  No word on what it looks like yet, but they are wearing it.

What about the Blues, Panthers, Rangers, 'Nucks or Flyers?  He had just as substantial if not more substantial connections to each of those teams.  Although I have heard nothing official, I would have to believe that the Blues will do something to memorialize Coach Neilson - a banner or a single game patch, or something.

don't forget the Leafs

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The Senators are wearing a Roger Neilson memorial patch this season. No word on what it looks like yet, but they are wearing it.

What about the Blues, Panthers, Rangers, 'Nucks or Flyers? He had just as substantial if not more substantial connections to each of those teams. Although I have heard nothing official, I would have to believe that the Blues will do something to memorialize Coach Neilson - a banner or a single game patch, or something.

don't forget the Leafs

A dreadful omission on my part.  He was a part of so many teams it is easy to lose track but I shoulda remembered that one.

Well, seeing as how Roger worked for the Senators at the time of his death, they felt it natural to honor the man.  It's also supposed to be in reference to Roger's House, the charity program in Ottawa set up in his honor.  They will also be airing a video tribute of him before the first home game of the season, which coincidentally is being carried on CBC.

I'm sure if the other NHL teams he affected or coached wanted to honor him, they probably will.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

If the Red Wings did have an 80th year patch, they could use an octopus.

Oh, man, YES! With each tentacle holding an X for the Roman numeral 10.

Seeing as how there is time, you gifted designers out there should get some concepts up to Detroit and see what happens.

Archived