Sign in to follow this  
Turbulance

Basic Program to design logos

yea first you usually sketch it, then either scan it or just look at it and render it in illustrator.

by the way, you can either pay $400 for Illustrator, or pay absolutely nothing, if you know the right people.

. . . by the way, you can either pay $400 for Illustrator, or pay absolutely nothing, if you know the right people.

Legally?

You can legally get Illustrator CS2 for a little over a hundred bucks if you're a student, faculty, or staff from k-12 or college here.

so is sketching needed to make a good logo ?

I wouldn't say sketching is absolutely necessary. However, I will say that it damn sure helps. Some guys don't make anything without sketching it first. I didn't do sketches at first and I think it showed, because once I started sketching, my stuff was just better...but I've never created a good logo, so I'm not sure I can properly address this question. :D

But say if your not particulary good with the sketching, im ok. But putting on all the 3D effects do you do that on publisher or do you draw them on ?

thanks

From my personal experience i would never jump into illustrator without having the logo presketched. you can trouble shoot much quicker with pencil and paper, and once your happy with what you've done scan it into illustrator and make any necassary changes their, believe me youl save a ton of time.