Minor league hockey 'theme' jerseys

rainmaker17

As I'm sure you know, many minor league teams have theme nights. Whether it's Halloween, Mardi Gras, Christmas or whatever. The team typically wears a 'special' jersey reflecting the theme, that they later auction for charity.

Last night I probably saw the two most hideous jeseys to EVER hit the ice. It was 'NASCAR night' at the Bat Cave, and the Bats wore these atrocious red jerseys with checkered flag shoulders and sleeves (we typically look like the Nashville predators). The Tulsa Oilers wore these sand colored abominations, truly awful on both sides.

I'd post my pictures, but I'm still trying to figure out this Photobucket thing. If anyone can do it for me I'd appreciate it, and thanks in advance. These have to be seen to be believed.

newsig.jpg

Someone dig up those UHL (Quad City?) Wild West and Tuxedo jerseys, and you'll see the true meaning of "gawdawful one-off."

I don't have an issue with Tulsa's threads at all, and I'm really digging that number font. Actually reminiscent of the one I use for my team in Blitz, I believe.

As for the checkerboard sleeves, the Charlotte Checkers pulled that stunt for a solid couple of seasons. Puke smileys abounded.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Someone dig up those UHL (Quad City?) Wild West and Tuxedo jerseys, and you'll see the true meaning of "gawdawful one-off."

I don't have an issue with Tulsa's threads at all, and I'm really digging that number font. Actually reminiscent of the one I use for my team in Blitz, I believe.

As for the checkerboard sleeves, the Charlotte Checkers pulled that stunt for a solid couple of seasons. Puke smileys abounded.

here in Fayetteville NC, since we have one of the largest Army bases in the country right outside city limits on certain nights the Cape Fear Fireantz were camo uni's

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

The funniest thing is Austin changes uniforms almost on a yearly basis, I guess a lot of teams do. Our first couple of years we had a unique *retarted* Bat wing jersey I'll post shortly. Ever since we've been ripping off the NHL. For a while we looked like the Atlanta Thrashers, the Florida Panthers, St. Louis Blues (our best look)...now we're mimicking the Predators, plus an ugly mustard yellow nameplate.

newsig.jpg

Those jersey blanks (or ones very much like them) were used several years ago by the Knoxville Speed of the UHL (now defunct). If I can get a hold of a picture I will post it. The current (and vastly superior) incarnation of Knoxville hockey, the Knoxville Icebears (SPHL) had a racing night last year (and will have another this year) but managed to do so without sinking to such a low. Again, I will try and get some photos.

BroncosSig.jpg

Archived