College Football Rivalry Wager Announcement!

amare32

Oh, no no no...

This is not the Arizona-Arizona State thread, remember? Plus, a certain WildKittens fan that's here should be a little more quieter before I start rubbing in Washington's win over said WildKittens.

Oh, and that other Sun Dorks fan doesn't have much really to begin with.

Now, just to find OMMF and give him a piece of my mind for that pic of the Space Needle covered in that Waz-Spew flith...

You're still the doormats of the Pac-10. Go talk your weak smack to the Cougars fans.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're still the doormats of the Pac-10. Go talk your weak smack to the Cougars fans.

Not really... You know, beating Arizona did move Washington out of the cellar so technically, they aren't in the cellar....

But Waz-Spew is!

You're still the doormats of the Pac-10.  Go talk your weak smack to the Cougars fans.

Not really... You know, beating Arizona did move Washington out of the cellar so technically, they aren't in the cellar....

But Waz-Spew is!

The schools of the State of Washington are the collective doormats of the Pac-10.

I suspect even my Sun Devil friends would be on board w/ that assessment.

You're still the doormats of the Pac-10.  Go talk your weak smack to the Cougars fans.

But Waz-Spew is!

The schools of the State of Washington are the collective doormats of the Pac-10.

Hell, I'd even agree with you. ^_^

With all this talk about how weak the state of Washington is I will have to dissagree. I do agree that UW sucks though. But as a hopeful future Coug (sent in my app, hoping for acceptance) I got to say we are probably the 3rd best team in the Pac-10.

In the first 3 quarters, that is.

But Waz-Spew is!

I am definently on board with that one man...Washington is simply horrible, and it seems that Wazzu is stuck in the postion of not being as horrible as Washington, but still not anywhere near the other teams of the Pac-10...I still hate UofA more though :D

Oh and Junglebook...you are CRAZY...I will give you the list of teams Pac-10 teams that are better then you...USC, Oregon, Oregon State, Cal, UCLA, ASU, and UofA....I would say that Stanford is better then you simply because they beat ASU :(...but come on...they lost to a D-1AA team.

PopHeading-1.gif

I will mail $500 to any miami fan who thinks they can beat Georgia Tech.

If GT loses, I will leave the board for 12 months, send pictures of me molesting a goat, and will burn all of my Tech gear if Georgia Tech does not beat Miami in 2005.

Anyone wanna take that bet?

;)

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

If GT loses, I will leave the board for 12 months, send pictures of me molesting a goat, and will burn all of my Tech gear if Georgia Tech does not beat Miami in 2005.

;)

Yeah I'll take it, there's no wayyyyyyyy that the U can be defeeated by GA Tech. Seriously, they haven't beaten us in 50 gojillion years, what's the worst that can happen?

:lol:

I'd be willing to make a bet with anyone from Miami of Ohio for Monday night's game, that is, if you're not too busy popping the collar of your pink lacoste knit polo shirt with an iron and some hairspray. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'd be willing to make a bet with anyone from Miami of Ohio for Monday night's game, that is, if you're not too busy popping the collar of your pink lacoste knit polo shirt with an iron and some hairspray. :P

Oooooooooooh...snap! Preppies. :D

UA students get an 'A' in college football rivalry mischief

Eugene Scott

The Arizona Republic

Nov. 22, 2005 12:00 AM

Arizona State University students had an elaborate battle plan. They even camped out until 4 a.m. Monday to protect the gold "A" on A Mountain.

But by the time they downed breakfast, the "A" was trying on the red and blue of the University of Arizona. Again.

It's an annual ritual in the in-state rivalry, a decades-old tradition that survives year after year, even as the Valley continues to grow.

The 50-year-old landmark, which stands guard atop the butte by Sun Devil Stadium, was constructed by the ASU student government to show passers-by that Tempe was Sun Devil-land. The UA backers apparently changed that sometime between 5 a.m. and first light.

"It sounds like some UA folks were just waiting for them to come down," said Tim Desch, executive director of the ASU Alumni Association. "There are quite a few hikers all night long, and it may have been some of them."

Roxanna Thomas, president of the Student Alumni Association, said she and other students guarding the "A" left earlier than planned because they had exams and other obligations. She and other students went up the mountain again Monday evening to repaint it.

More than 50 students will guard the "A" until Friday's football game to make sure its most recent paint job is its last until the game.

But what started as a prank now has some serious consequences.

For the past few years, university approval has been required to paint the A, Tempe police Sgt. Dan Masters said. He said painters must also get permission from the Tempe Parks and Recreation Board to climb A Mountain, a city park, after dark.

"If you're up on the mountain after 10 p.m. (without permission), you're in violation of the park curfew," Masters said. "And if someone calls us and we observe someone painting the 'A,' we may send some park rangers up there."

There's a Tempe police station at the foot of the mountain.

Yet that likely won't stop fans with paint. The "A" was installed in 1955 and immediately attracted mischievous Wildcats. And in the years since, groups painted the "A" to support fraternities and sororities, patriotism, even breast-cancer awareness.

In the mid-1980s, the Tempe City Council said the ever-changing colors were an eyesore and threatened to remove it from the city park.

The Student Alumni Association has been responsible for keeping the symbol gold or white since then, and the "A" is painted an average of 65 times a year.

The University of Arizona has a mountain boasting an "A," too, but it's a tougher target - even though the letter has worn Sun Devil colors a time or two.

"It's off campus, and it's highly secured," Thomas said. "We've tried going down in the past, but they have a guard at all times."

1122mtncov.jpg

Damn, I love being a Wildcat. :D

BEAR DOWN, ARIZONA!

Arizona State University students had an elaborate battle plan. They even camped out until 4 a.m. Monday to protect the gold "A" on A Mountain.

But by the time they downed breakfast, the "A" was trying on the red and blue of the University of Arizona. Again.

I can't help but wonder: how did those crafty Wildcats get past ASU's top notch security force?

809.JPG

BEAR DOWN, ARIZONA!

;)

Ready for Tech's usual collapse after a big win?

112704_033-lg.jpg

Has Reggie Ball learned how to count to 4 yet?

Archived