KC Chiefs Helmet Prototype

Chiefster2000

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

FINALLY! I thought I had imagined it. After years of fruitless searching at least there are finally some people who remember seeing that helmet! I have even contacted journalists in KC and found out nothing.

The helmet was a fan submission and was displayed briefly in the booth before kickoff. If anyone has a picture please post it! I have been hunting for years.

It is hard to believe that the person that made that helmet is not active in the online helmet community, but apparently that is the case.

P.S. Chiefs, please go back to the HUGE arrowheads from the days of Curly Culp and Len Dawson.

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings

Is the logo in question the yellow football wearing a draping headdress? If so I have a copy of it at home somewhere and I will get it posted. (alas I am at work right this minute)

By the way...

I agree with Bear. The chiefs need to go back to a larger logo. In the late 60's to the mid 80's Rawlings made replica NFL helmets (with the old two bar facemasks) but one of the issues was that the logos were in many cases too small for the helmets. That is what the Chiefs look like.

Mark

BroncosSig.jpg

If so, here is a quick mockup for you.  I am personally not impressed and would prefer them to use the BIG version of thier current logo, but I hope this is the logo everyone has been looking for.

prototype.gif

Mark

I talked with a fellow who saw the same thing, and I showed him the images you posted this is what he said.

Q: Is this the Chiefs logo you saw on the helmet on tv in?

A : More or less, but the feathers covered the whole helmet.

The one on the helmet was about 400 times sharper

Q: There is the helmet (image) does it look like that?

A: No, the helmet looked nothing like that.

The logo was more like that of the bengals or the rams in that it basically started at the face opening and covered the helmet.

I recall that happening also, as much as I like to forget Bob Trumpy. The helmet was red and the black and white headdress started at the front and draped back,

looking much as it would if someone was wearing it. It was very much like the eagles, rams and bengals in how it used the helmet to it's advantage, instead of just slapping something in the middle.

Archived