Mark your calendars-october 16th

tjghellbent

In the local paper Star-Tribune in an interview with the general manager of the Minnesota Wild, Dougie Risebourgouh(sp?) answered this question:

Q: The Team will debut a third jersey Oct. 16th vs. Colorade. Why that date? Can you offer any sneak preview.

A: The purpose of a thrid jersey shold be more than just a different color, not that it's a different color. There needs to be some merit to when and why you wear it.  We'd like to create a specialized moment when we wear a 3rd jersey.  It probably will relate to the competition or how we're doing.

Yep, definatley red....If it looks good, Im definatley getting me one :)

Damn!  If I'd've known that before last weekend, I'd've made sure to grab that game in our season ticket pool.  Damn!!

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Damn! If I'd've known that before last weekend, I'd've made sure to grab that game in our season ticket pool. Damn!!

That was exactly the same thing I said this morning when I read that. We divided up our Wild tickets just last night.  :angry:

Since I didn't get a single Avalanche game and with the new jersey being debuted that night, I bought a single ticket (that's apparently all they had left) 17 rows up at center ice.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Ooh, nice seat.  I've got the Toronto game, the season-ender vs St. Louis, and a couple others.  Ours are in section 111.

An ex-teammate of mine is in that "making the ice" video on their site, btw--he works at the X.  He's also hooked us up with a few ice times over the last few years.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Yep, definatley red....If it looks good, Im definatley getting me one :)

You are correct, sir. I can say the striping is more traditional than their current jerseys.

Another 'red' jersey with 'more traditional' striping? Oh I don't like this trend at all...

Ooh, nice seat. I've got the Toronto game, the season-ender vs St. Louis, and a couple others. Ours are in section 111.

I'm going to the Toronto game too. It was the first one I picked actually. This will actually be the Leafs first visit to St. Paul. Maybe we could meet up sometime this year at a game?

I also got Detroit, Dallas, Chicago, Vancouver twice, Edmonton, Calgary, Phoenix and San Jose.

Our normal seats have moved to Sec. 102 Row 16. They should be really great. No obsructions, no safety netting issues. Our seats last year were a last minute relocation due to the netting.

One thing I will miss is sitting across from the TV cameras. I own about 80 jerseys, so I would play to the camera by wearing a home and away combo with whoever went with me. I was on TV about a dozen times last year!

It only got better during the playoffs when I made a sign for each round of the playoffs and really started to get the airtime.

My most famous moment was when I bought a single seat for a Vancouver playoff game and was sitting right behind Marc Crawford, the Vancouver coach. I made "thought ballon" signs for what he was secretly thinking and held them up behind his head. I was on ESPN Sportscenter and got pictured on the Wilds own website.

http://www.wild.com/lib...._num=31

One of the season ticket owners loves to sit on the ends, but can only see out of one eye and the netting proved to be impossible for him to deal with. We ended up 8 rows up where the corner meets the sides. That made it pretty hard to see the far end, especially the near side corner. We spent a lot of last year watching the game on the scoreboard TV because of that.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

My most famous moment was when I bought a single seat for a Vancouver playoff game and was sitting right behind Marc Crawford, the Vancouver coach. I made "thought ballon" signs for what he was secretly thinking and held them up behind his head. I was on ESPN Sportscenter and got pictured on the Wilds own website.

lol.gif

mwahahahahaha....that's gold!

lol.gif

mwahahahahaha....that's gold!

Thanks! I had about 16 different ones made to hold up during different situations. The one that got me on ESPN was "I can't believe we're going to lose..." They did too.

My personal favorite was "Man, I really love my hair..."

It was pretty fun and everyone around me was really entertained too.

When It came time to pick our new seats for this year, I noticed that exact seat was available to buy as a season ticket. I was pretty tempted! A lousy seat to watch a game from, but the potential for fun was definetly there.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

http://www.wild.com/lib...._num=31

One of the season ticket owners loves to sit on the ends, but can only see out of one eye and the netting proved to be impossible for him to deal with. We ended up 8 rows up where the corner meets the sides. That made it pretty hard to see the far end, especially the near side corner. We spent a lot of last year watching the game on the scoreboard TV because of that.

JeffB

That was you? Classic!

I saw, I came, I left.

Hey, you're mocking my team!!!

At least you had the decency to do it while wearing a Slovakia jersey. Is it numbered, perchance?

Sorry about that poking fun at your coach, but that seat was just too ripe with possibilities to pass up the chance.

Yes, my Slovakia jersey is numbered with #10 GABORIK. I've met him while wearing it and he thought it was nice and seemed impressed that I went to the trouble.

When Marian was first drafted they showed a film clip of him on TV wearing #23, so the guy in town who specializes in the international jerseys made many with #23, and you see them sometimes in the arena.

Since he wears #10 for the Wild and I found a picture of him in a Slovakia jersery wearing #10 in SI.com, I went with that.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Archived