UWM Basketball Concept

FreeKobe

I loved the practice jerseys we had throughout our NCAA tournament run last spring, but unfortunatly the Athletic Dept choose not to make and major changes to the uniforms for this season. We should definatly update the uni's not that Im sure the Athletic Dept has the money. Anyways heres the concept I drew up off the practice uniforms from last year.

FinalGif.gif

Any ideas or comments?

UWMpanthers.gifgold_14.gif

Not sure I like these better than what the Panthers already have. I do like where you're going with the wordmark, though. It's way better than what they currently have, and that's with very little refinement...

QPR%20Sig.png

It isn't a bad idea, but it's an idea badly executed. I can't read the team name or the player name on the back. If you didn't tell us what team this was meant for, I'd have no idea that this was a UWM concept.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Great revision on the home set. Much more legible.

Not sure about the road set. It's more legible, but white outlined in gold is still tricky to read, much trickier than the white jerseys.

Would a gold uniform be UWM heresy? I have to plead ignorance but I don't know enough UWM history to know if that's taboo or not. Gold uniforms would allow for white/black or black/white lettering.

Ah, never mind. Looking at it again, it's plenty legible. Nice work.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I think part of the problem is that I have to shrink the original file down

-one: so it will be small enough to upload into photobucket, without losing quality (which it inadvertanly loses anyways)

-two: so that it is small enough to be seen in one view on the boards. In other words so you dont have to horizontally scroll to be able to see the whole image.

But yeah I do see how it is kinda hard to make out.

Not exactly sure if gold (yellow) jerseys would exactly ever materialize. But yes in theory it would allow for the wordmark to be clearer. :D

UWMpanthers.gifgold_14.gif

haha uh i guess you can go ahead and use my old template. i thought i was only giving you permission to use it for that contest entry a while back. but whatever i dont use it anymore so its cool.

onto the concept....like the mavericks-esque wordmark, but the unis are rather too simple. i also dislike broad shouldered unis.

I think part of the problem is that I have to shrink the original file down

-one: so it will be small enough to upload into photobucket, without losing quality (which it inadvertanly loses anyways)

-two: so that it is small enough to be seen in one view on the boards. In other words so you dont have to horizontally scroll to be able to see the whole image.

But yeah I do see how it is kinda hard to make out.

Not exactly sure if gold (yellow) jerseys would exactly ever materialize. But yes in theory it would allow for the wordmark to be clearer. :D

I wouldn't think gold jerseys would be taboo, after all, we did wear gold alternates the first year we went to the NCAA tournament (in 2003)...

QPR%20Sig.png

Nice Kobe.

9/10

Please take a look at my contest I would like you to be in it.

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

Archived