Nordiques jersey question

RobRoberts

I am prospecting to find if anyone has an actual picture of the Nordiques jersey that never was.  The one my Avatar is from.  I was told that someone on the board might/does have a picture of the actual jersey.

If someone does have photos of them, ABSOLUTELY, please let me know.

Additionally, if anyone knows the proper pantones for the jersey, that'd be great.

I have a picture somewhere on one of my computers from the Toronto Sun, but I can't find it, and it was in black and white.

If anyone could help, it would be REALLY appreciated.

Rob

Reaper's illustration is the best around and very accurate. (note the yellow eyes!)

About a year ago I was nosing around every nook and cranny of the net looking for pics and details about these jerseys. Some of the best stuff was e-mailed to me by a guy calling himself Nordique007. He claimed to have a friend who worked in the Nords office. Among the items he sent was this picture of the actual jersey being worn by two front office guys (sorry, can't find their names at the moment).

Comcast is down right now so I'll have to give you a Geocities link. drag and drop or copy & paste:

1996 Nordique jersey (actual)

I'd love to see what Puckguy found, please share dude!

Yup, that's the pic.  It had more teal to it than I thought.  I also found a flat B&W pic from a Hockey News in 1995, prior any potential move to Colorado.  I blew it up and colorized it.  Chris, included it in the Nordique page on the NHL page on the site.  They used, Navy, Purple, Black, Teal, Silver, and Yellow (the eyes)

Pantone, were there any pantone colors set up for this?

According to that THN article, the Nordiques, did not get the request for a logo/uniform change in time for the 1995-96 season.  This means that the unis would've debuted in the 1996-97 season.  

Also, Phocused, didn't you have concept jerseys with the original Nordiques logo?  Both were close to each other, although one, despite being mostly Nordic blue, was considered a home jersey?

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

According to that THN article, the Nordiques, did not get the request for a logo/uniform change in time for the 1995-96 season.  This means that the unis would've debuted in the 1996-97 season.  

Also, Phocused, didn't you have concept jerseys with the original Nordiques logo?  Both were close to each other, although one, despite being mostly Nordic blue, was considered a home jersey?

Yeah, here they are:

rarenords_home.jpg

rarenords_road.jpg

Apparently these were one of the concepts being tossed around before the Nords chose the Husky/Wolf designs. They must have been fairly serious about them to actually stitch prototypes.

Finding more info on these has proven difficult. If anybody can shed more light on these please share.

Hey Puckguy, any chance you could pass that THN article my way?

I can.  That top one I saw sell on EBay once.  I didn't bid on it because I thought it was BS.  I figured the guy selling it had it made up and now was trying to pass it off as an actual concept.

I saved the picture from EBay though, and that looks to be the exact same one.  Goulet and all.

If anyone in here has gone to an Islanders game, there's a guy who wears this Isles/Oilers hybrid jersey with the name "Gomez" on the back.  As far as I figured, it was the same deal; some guy designed it and had it made.

If that actually was a potential Nordiques jersey, I'm glad they didn't go with it.  I do love the Wolf one though.

Rob :angry:

I unfortunately only cropped the logo out, but I will look for it.  Basically, the overall article says: The Quebec Nordiques will show a new look in 1996-97.  The team unveiled a new logo and uniforms featuring a husky dog and with navy blue, purple and a teal green color.  These unis will be debut in 1996-97 and not next year because the Nordiques failed to meet the deadline for a logo change for 1995-96.  I think Chris might put up the logo I converted from the logo in the Hockey News.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived