tohasbo

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kinda like this?

00320654_l.jpg

Moose

......MY EYES!!.......MY EYES!!!........... :shocked:

As I've said in the Cubs uni thread, I'd rather see tradition laiden teams wear throwback unis than alts or 3rd jerseys, but, barring that, what are they going to wear, a different style of blue, or a different style of white? Not likely. So, you end up with this, essentially the home uni turned orange. FWIW, I also found this one on-line:

FF_75995_xl.jpg

I too did receive the most-recent NFL Shop catalog, but no longet have it. Can someone who didn't throw it out confirm which one it will be (blue over white, or vice verse)...

Moose

Kinda like this?

00320654_l.jpg

Moose

......MY EYES!!.......MY EYES!!!........... :shocked:

As I've said in the Cubs uni thread, I'd rather see tradition laiden teams wear throwback unis than alts or 3rd jerseys, but, barring that, what are they going to wear, a different style of blue, or a different style of white? Not likely. So, you end up with this, essentially the home uni turned orange. FWIW, I also found this one on-line:

FF_75995_xl.jpg

I too did receive the most-recent NFL Shop catalog, but no longet have it. Can someone who didn't throw it out confirm which one it will be (blue over white, or vice verse)...

Moose

Ahhh now the jersey with the white # and name is where its at! I like them a ton.

What a year we're having...5-3, new orange alts, somebody pinch me! Is this REALLY happening or am I dreaming about the 80's?

So Pantone, are you saying the blue numbers in the NFL catalog are wrong? Years ago, I'd never believe anything over the league's official catalog, but now I know better.

Yeah, I saw what the NFL Catalog showed, but I've got the Style Guide file, and it shows White numbers trimmed in Navy. And, three Navy stripes trimmed in White.

I'll check with my NFL contact and see if the artwork has been updated since he last sent me an update.

So Pantone, are you saying the blue numbers in the NFL catalog are wrong? Years ago, I'd never believe anything over the league's official catalog, but now I know better.

Yeah, I saw what the NFL Catalog showed, but I've got the Style Guide file, and it shows White numbers trimmed in Navy. And, three Navy stripes trimmed in White.

I'll check with my NFL contact and see if the artwork has been updated since he last sent me an update.

The replicas I've seen in Chicago since well before the season started had white numbers, but those have been fashion jerseys for a while so I wasn't sure if they were influenced by that throwback's popularity last year. Thanks for clearing it up.

The three navy stripes you're describing are different from the photo with the white numbers, so it sounds like even that is not quite right.

Archived