The Bears Alts...

tohasbo

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One more try:

FF119114-xl.jpg

Right now, PANTONE? footballfanatics.com is the only place I've seen this on-line...

Moose

I like these better than the first couple of jerseies shown in this thread. But I'd still prefer the Bears not wear orange jerseies. Orange makes me think of the Illini, and I don't want to think of the Illini (Yes, I know the Bears got their colors from U of I).

Once again, great looking jersey (just like the Lions Alt) but just so wrong.

I hope they don't completly stab us in the hearts and wear blue pants. I doubt they will. Last time the all dark look happened...it wasn't pretty.

I hope they don't completly stab us in the hearts and wear blue pants. I doubt they will. Last time the all dark look happened...it wasn't pretty.

These are nothing like the Lions black alts.

An orange alt makes sence for the Bears, a black alt for the Lions does not. Orange is an actual color that the Bears have used for a long time and once used as their main home jersey color, unlike the Lions and the color black.

Also, the Bear's Orange jersey looks fairly good. The Lion's black alt looks like a bad attempt at a Carlona Panthers throwback.

I prefer the orange with white numbers navy border. Easier to see.

Can somebody put those on a template?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I hope they don't completly stab us in the hearts and wear blue pants.  I doubt they will.  Last time the all dark look happened...it wasn't pretty.

An orange alt makes sence for the Bears, a black alt for the Lions does not. Orange is an actual color that the Bears have used for a long time and once used as their main home jersey color, unlike the Lions and the color black.

Also, the Bear's Orange jersey looks fairly good. The Lion's black alt looks like a bad attempt at a Carlona Panthers throwback.

You were missing my point. The Lions Black looks fine as a stand alone jersey. But its wrong.

Just as this looks great as a stand alone jersey. But its wrong. Mainly for tradition purposes.

That's what I ment.

I see where you are coming from on the color issue however. I'd be like the Bears wearing a Gold jersey or something.

I hope they don't completly stab us in the hearts and wear blue pants.  I doubt they will.  Last time the all dark look happened...it wasn't pretty.

You were missing my point. The Lions Black looks fine as a stand alone jersey. But its wrong.

Just as this looks great as a stand alone jersey. But its wrong. Mainly for tradition purposes.

That's what I ment.

I see where you are coming from on the color issue however. I'd be like the Bears wearing a Gold jersey or something.

But, as illustrated with the Thanksgiving throwbacks, the Bears have worn orange in the past. How can an orange jersey be wrong for the Bears from a tradition standpoint?

Moose

It was one or two years. They also wore big stripes on their chests for a number of years.

All the bears greats that we talk about today wore Navy or White. Never Orange. I'm not going to stab myself cause you are right, it is a team color and they've worn orange in the past, but I was just hoping that the bears were above wearing an alt. When I think of the Bears, I think Blue, Blue, White, Stripes; Blue, White, White, Stripes, or Blue, White, Blue, Stripes. Nothing else.

Anyway, I hear your arguement and they did look good last thanksgiving. They just look too good in the navy in my personal opinion.

Someone asked for the white vs. the blue pants:

bearsorange.jpg

And why do the Bears wear blue pants intermittently for road games? Coach choice? they'd wear all white under Jauron

I'm not sure what genius thinks the white/white combo looks good. Just look at the socks (stripes), and you'll see that the white jerseys were ment to be worn with the blue pants, and the blue jerseys were ment to be worn with the white pants...

On that note, PANTONE, anything in the style guide about an alt. sock for this uni to go with (I hope) the white pants?

Moose

And why do the Bears wear blue pants intermittently for road games? Coach choice? they'd wear all white under Jauron

I'm not sure what genius thinks the white/white combo looks good.

they'd wear all white under Jauron

Some genius.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

14bg.jpg

Anyway, I hear your arguement and they did look good last thanksgiving.

22xx.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

There better be an orange sock to go with those unis. The Bears have one of the most well-thought out, unified uniforms around. The blue sock has stripes to match the blue jersey, and also complements the white pants. Same story with the whites and the blue pants. I think the orange could fit with the white or blue pants, as long as there was an appropriate matching orange sock. Otherwise, it'll just look like the QB jerseys from practice came out for game time. Sloppy.

All that being said, it's wrong beyond wrong that the Bears are wearing orange in the first place. And this is coming from someone who's been a Packer fan ever since he figured out what football was. It's akin to the Pack trotting out on the field in those nightmarish yellow fashion jerseys - downright sacrilige.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

There better be an orange sock to go with those unis.  The Bears have one of the most well-thought out, unified uniforms around.  The blue sock has stripes to match the blue jersey, and also complements the white pants.  Same story with the whites and the blue pants.  I think the orange could fit with the white or blue pants, as long as there was an appropriate matching orange sock.  Otherwise, it'll just look like the QB jerseys from practice came out for game time.  Sloppy.

All that being said, it's wrong beyond wrong that the Bears are wearing orange in the first place.  And this is coming from someone who's been a Packer fan ever since he figured out what football was.  It's akin to the Pack trotting out on the field in those nightmarish yellow fashion jerseys - downright sacrilige.

I disagree. When a team uses it's lighter color as a jersey and has a dark helmet, the socks need to stay dark.

For instance, the Jaguars have always worn black socks and a black helmet. Their home jersey was always very nice because of the contrast between the black of the socks and helmets and the teal jerseys. The same with the Ravens. They look much better now that they have switched to black socks. Black helmet and socks and purple jerseys. I like the Texans' red jerseys, but they dont look right. They should wear them with the navy socks. Same with the Falcons, who should wear black socks with their reds. If those teams used their lighter color on the helmets, dark socks would look bad, but they go with the dark helmets. It would be too much orange if the Bears wore orange socks.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived