tohasbo

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is from chicagobears.com

Bears want fans to turn lakefront orange this Sunday vs. 49ers

By Larry Mayer

November 10, 2005

The Bears are going to wear orange jerseys with their customary white pants Sunday when they host the 49ers at Soldier Field and would like their fans to follow suit. The team is encouraging all those who attend the game to also wear orange, whether it's a Bears jersey or other clothing.

Fullback Jason McKie (37) and the rest of the Bears will don new orange alternate jerseys for this Sunday's matchup versus 49ers. Bears fans are encouraged to wear their orange too. 

The orange jerseys the Bears will don Sunday are different than the ones they wore last Thanksgiving Day in Dallas, which were "throwbacks" replicating their 1946 uniforms.

Well, Orange jersey, White pants, blue socks and their black cleats.

Sunday, we will all know for sure!!!!!

imagine the regular home jersey with the navy and orange switched, that's all that it'll be. The bears only wore 1 alternate last year, and it was the orange fake throwbacks against the cowboys in a god awful football game. The last time they wore alternate's before that was the navy-on-navy vs the packers in 2003.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

These have been in the Sports Authority in Chicago for the last 3 years. It's just now that the Bears have adopted as an official 3rd jersey and is included in the Official NFL Style Guide for 2005-06 .

According to the NFL by-laws, the Bears can only wear this for 2 games this season. It's much better than that abortion they wore last Thanksgiving which made NO sense in relationship to anything the Bears have ever featured.

I'm a huge Bears fan and applaud them for doing something different... Go Bears vs 49ers...

Gameplan | A Strategy for Achieving an Objective.

I sure hope that they wear the orange jerseys with the white pants and white socks. That's probably the best combination they could have without making some orange socks.

And pcgd, I think you missed my points. The black is a great addition for trim and such, but it does not grant them a reason to make a black third jersey. Also, even as a stand alone jersey, they really are not good. Too many dark colors without some silver or white. They could have at least had White or silver numbers, instead of blue numbers on a black jersey......

:puke:

These have been in the Sports Authority in Chicago for the last 3 years. It's just now that the Bears have adopted as an official 3rd jersey and is included in the Official NFL Style Guide for 2005-06 .

Um, no, they haven't been in Sports Authority for the past 3 years. These have:

00320654_l.jpg

or these:

FF_75995_xl.jpg

They are wearing these:

FF119114-xl.jpg

I know the differences are subtle, but they aren't the same...

I sure hope that they wear the orange jerseys with the white pants and white socks.

And white pants with white socks is dumb. The point is to have a break at the sock/pant line, and that can't happen with same colored sock and pant combos. Besides that the blue socks (three orange stripes) are more consistant stripe-wise with the stripes on the actual jerseys (three blue stripes) than the white socks (blue-orange-blue stripes)...

Moose

This is from chicagobears.com

Bears want fans to turn lakefront orange this Sunday vs. 49ers

By Larry Mayer

November 10, 2005

The Bears are going to wear orange jerseys with their customary white pants Sunday when they host the 49ers at Soldier Field and would like their fans to follow suit. The team is encouraging all those who attend the game to also wear orange, whether it's a Bears jersey or other clothing.

Fullback Jason McKie (37) and the rest of the Bears will don new orange alternate jerseys for this Sunday's matchup versus 49ers. Bears fans are encouraged to wear their orange too. 

The orange jerseys the Bears will don Sunday are different than the ones they wore last Thanksgiving Day in Dallas, which were "throwbacks" replicating their 1946 uniforms.

Well, Orange jersey, White pants, blue socks and their black cleats.

Sunday, we will all know for sure!!!!!

Oh great, the one game I go to this season and they have to wear orange. I don't even own anything orange to wear.

Perhaps something orange will be available for you at the Chicago Bears Fan Shop, conveniently located inside Soldier Field.

(cha-ching)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

They should do what they do at Illinois games. If you aren't wearing orange and you are an Illinois fan, they'll give you an Orange T-shirt. Usually this is only done the few nights of the year they do "Paint the Hall Orange."

They should do what they do at Illinois games. If you aren't wearing orange and you are an Illinois fan, they'll give you an Orange T-shirt. Usually this is only done the few nights of the year they do "Paint the Hall Orange."

There is only one "paint the hall orange" game a year. It used to be pretty much the only time they wore orange at home, because orange was designated by the university as a "special ocassion jersey". This past year, they wore orange, and took off, so they kept wearing it. There were only a few games in which they didn't wear orange, I believe they were all against teams with red road jerseys. They wore white during thoese games, and they didn't wear the navy jerseys once last year.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I believe Illinois wore the orange unis against Wisconsin when the Badgers were wearing red in the conference tourney.

MisterE - like your avatar. Even if the Boilers are hugely disappointing though...

They should do what they do at Illinois games.  If you aren't wearing orange and you are an Illinois fan, they'll give you an Orange T-shirt.  Usually this is only done the few nights of the year they do "Paint the Hall Orange."

There is only one "paint the hall orange" game a year. It used to be pretty much the only time they wore orange at home, because orange was designated by the university as a "special ocassion jersey". This past year, they wore orange, and took off, so they kept wearing it. There were only a few games in which they didn't wear orange, I believe they were all against teams with red road jerseys. They wore white during thoese games, and they didn't wear the navy jerseys once last year.

Right, but its been pretty much adapted now as the official school color and to be worn to all games. If you walk in with a Navy shirt on, there's a good chance a cheerleader or member of the orange crush is going to toss you a T-shirt.

Archived