The Bears Alts...

tohasbo

Well Benson's McGahee-like injury should tell you never to wear these again.

Bad news.

They looked good...for deer-hunters.

Let me also say that orange, blaze orange is my favorite color. I love Orange. But the bears should not wear orange. Dolphins, Bengals, fine. But the bears are navy.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it just me, or does half the NFL now have an "orange alternate" jersey? :rolleyes:

Well, 5 is actually 15.625% of 32.

Any team with orange in there color scheme, though, has now busted out an orange-bodied jersey, except the Buccaneers, and as long as Glazer has his Charley Steiner-looking self in charge of that franchise, that will never happen.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Well Benson's McGahee-like injury should tell you never to wear these again. 

Bad news.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Benson to miss 3-6 weeks with sprained MCL

Chicago Bears rookie tailback Cedric Benson suffered no serious structural damage to his right knee Sunday, but the team's first-round draft choice is expected to miss 3-6 weeks with a sprained medial collateral ligament.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Count me in as a fan of the orange jerseys. As we speak, no team in the NFL wears orange as their primary color, so it's nice to see a team pull out an orange alternate every now and then. And remember this: the longest return in NFL history was made by a Bears player in the orange jerseys. And they will be showing that on Plays of the Year 2005 and on NFL Films for years to come.

Lakers Dodgers Angels Kings Dolphins Galaxy Liverpool FC UC Santa Barbara USC Trojans UNLV Rebels

They would look better if the jersey wasn't as bright. It looks flourescent. Make it more of a flat orange, and they have a nice alternate look.

Why is the bottom sleeve stripe spaced farther apart from the other two?

I think you'll find on some players the bottom stripe is on the cuff instead of on the fabric part.

That's my guess.

I think pcqd has it right. As the pictures below show (sort of), many of the Bears jerseys have the top two stripes end when the sleeve hits the jersey, while the bottom top continues all the way around the cuff. Especially with the linemen, the bottom sleeve almost looks like it is going in a different direction. The best example is probably the last one.

youre right-- the bears authentic jersey indeed uses the elastic armband as the third (bottom) stripe with the trim outline.

as for my $.02 on the unis as a bears fan, i thought they were nice, but it still doesnt quite look right on the bears.

id actually prefer that they broke out the throwbacks they wore on thanksgiving last year once a year instead of these, those looked great.

dallas_04.jpg

They would look better if the jersey wasn't as bright. It looks flourescent. Make it more of a flat orange, and they have a nice alternate look.

Why is the bottom sleeve stripe spaced farther apart from the other two?

I think you'll find on some players the bottom stripe is on the cuff instead of on the fabric part.

That's my guess.

I think pcqd has it right. As the pictures below show (sort of), many of the Bears jerseys have the top two stripes end when the sleeve hits the jersey, while the bottom top continues all the way around the cuff. Especially with the linemen, the bottom sleeve almost looks like it is going in a different direction. The best example is probably the last one.

youre right-- the bears authentic jersey indeed uses the elastic armband as the third (bottom) stripe with the trim outline.

as for my $.02 on the unis as a bears fan, i thought they were nice, but it still doesnt quite look right on the bears.

id actually prefer that they broke out the throwbacks they wore on thanksgiving last year once a year instead of these, those looked great.

dallas_04.jpg

I don't know if the authentic that you can buy has it (mine does not) but if you ment on-the-field ones then yeah...elastic.

The Bears shouldn't wear those throwbacks again, the bears jerseys without rounded numbers I couldn't stand. Those things were ugh. The orange jerseys sometimes looked yellow-orange, red, or pink in various pics I've seen. Not a bad idea, but not something you bust out very often, if at all.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived